Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the new Copper John Eagle? Went to the Copper John booth at Nelsonville and got a very good demostration of it by their staff shooters. They only demostrate them but many vendors had them in stock.
I purchased one, took it back over to the Copper John booth and they fitted it to my wrist and adjusted the strap to fit where the release would be exactly where it needed to be for a good execution. They also gave me alot of tips on finger placement and the low down on the 2 adjustments that can be made on it.
I have shot it probably 50 times and really like it, it is the closest I have ever come to getting a surprise release. Very smooth, very repeatable, and can be adjusted to almost anybodys wrist. Can be used as a finger release or the wrist strap can be added, I personally prefer the strap as for me it seems so much easier to pull the bow back, and quite possibly I will be able to shoot more poundage now. IMO it is a really good release and their staff at the IBO shoot in Nelsonville were super.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I shot one at a 3D shoot, it had no strap and it scared the crap out of me, couldnt get used to pulling without my middle finger. I had to draw shooting everybody the bird. Its a great made release, just have to get used to it.

·
Registered
897 Posts
It is'nt hard to get use to drawing the bow without your middle finger but with the the three finger model I can draw the bow with the middle finger in the 3rd finger spot and then place the middle finger on the trigger when I come to full draw.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Instead of giving everyone the bird just put the middle finger on the head and sorta use it to help pull it to full draw, at least with the strap on, you can kinda pull with the index finger and middle finger, and also with the wrist, then wrap all four fingers around it deep to the part below the knuckle, then pull through, I get a nice surprise release with it. I really like mine so far.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
CJ release

Hi Dave, I bought a 4 finger smoothie at Bedford . Been doing some expirmenting,I think it has potential.If I could get used to drawing with out using my middle finger. Oh yeah are you going to Snowshoe this year? Bill R. and I are getting ready to make reservations. Later Sean S.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sean, check your pms, Dave

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have the two finger one and love it!!!!!
I did buy the 4 finger smoothy and was not happy with that. End up selling it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts