Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,
as you all know, i am going to get the cougar 3. (or i was)
now, i found out that the fury and furyx cams are not adjustable, and if i get the z cams, the draw is too long. i have a 25" draw, and i think they come in 26"-33 or something, right? if i get fuzion, they are only one cam, and i need 2 for target.
so what can i do? do the z cams come in an option with 25"-??
also, i don't want the phantom 2, i don't want hoyt usa. if i can't get martinarchery, then what else is good? oh, and i don't want the jaguar. :)
thankx a lot for your help

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Check out the PSE Spyder. I think you'll be impressed. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

·
Registered
705 Posts
COugarIII

If you get the short limbs and a set of OOO furyx cams you can get to 25" draw. I only shoot 25.75" and use OOO with elite limbs.
PM JIm Despart to make sure , He will steer you right, TAKE his advise, you wont regret it.

ROB B

Ps it is not that hard to find x cams as you grow, the benefits of the bow will make it worth while

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but with the x cams, don't you have to buy new ones? or do you have to just buy a new string?
thankx

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i want a bigger bow because i want it for a long time. :)

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Cory,
Yes, if you go with fury or fury-x cams, each 1 inch change in draw length is a new cam, and possibly new string as well.

Why don't you want a Phantom II? Get one with straight limbs and z-cams and it will be perfect for you! 37.5 inch axle to axle....over 7 inch brace height.....it would be the perfect target bow for someone of your size....plus it will grow with you. The z-cams only require a module change to change the draw length and this can be done without a bow press!

Think it over,
--Mike

P.S. did you get the groundhog yet? :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Cougar III

Archery1

You can get the Cougar III in 25" draw with the Furyx or Fury cam
If you get it with the straight limbs. I have a Cougar III with the Fury X in 26" Draw and I love it,Very accurate and forgiving with good speed for the draw length. Wheels should not be hard to find as you grow. The Z cam is a good cam also, It is smooth and shoots good, it does not have a good a wall as the Fury cam, but it shoots as good with a little less speed.

Check out Martins web site it has the specs with different limb and wheel combos listed.

Good Luck and Good Shooting!:D

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey,
mecrowe, no, i haven't gotten him yet. i think he died. :(
and for all of you guys, peter linton talked me into getting the phantom 2.
i don't want the z cam because i want a hard wall, at leaste i think. what is the sapphires wall? i am using one right now, and i think this is sort of a soft wall. (a wall as in when you get it drawn all the way back, how hard or easy it is back on the stop of the draw, right?).
if the z cams have the same wall as a sapphire with the 2 cams, then i want fury. other wise, i will take the z cam.
thankx a lot u guys!

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
??? doesn't the sapphire come with only one cam? i thought so anyway. not my bow, so i have no clue. they are smaller then the z cams, i know that. and they are silver. that is all i can tell you. lol

·
Registered
705 Posts
fury x

Yes you change cams for every 1" change in draw length. But there is a lot you can do with string lenghts and cable lenghts.
Also cams are easy to find in the middle ranges, but an inch in draw takes a pretty good growth spurt. I doubt you would change more than once in the next 4 or 5 yrs.

JMHO
ROB B

1 - 14 of 14 Posts