Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
" I can do that for ya "
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bow shoots ok but not great. While Iwas looking it over I noticed my string tracking off to the side. If you hold the bow out with idler pointing away and cam near your face the string should track perfectly in line while coming off the idler correct? but mine while holding this way tracks off to the left. would this cause a right hit ? just checking to see if i need to correct or move sights more.:angry:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Might have to twist the left yoke to correct the lean, move the idler back & forth,if it loose ..might have a broken bearing..How does it look with fully drawn? inline or tilted

·
Registered
27 Posts
string position

On most single cam bows ( I won't say all since I do'nt know for sure )the string does not run straight down the riser but does angle out away from the sight window.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Mathews (for example, since they are single cam leaders) wants the string tracking straight off the idler with the bow at rest. Some bow owners have success with it tracking SLIGHTLY off the left side. I set up my single cam bows to track slightly left. You can experiment to see what works best for you. USUALLY, but not always, if it tracks off the RIGHT side, you will get a left tear. I experience best results (as far as a left tear goes) with it straight or slightly left. I would never leave one like it is, if it is tracking off the right side...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts