Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shooting Bowtechs for a long time. I have owned a mathews switchback as well as z7. Switching from a bowtech to a mathews with the standard grip was difficult for me to shoot consistently. The z7 was difinitely very quiet but the grip was not consistent. Will changing to the FOCUS grip help with the inconsistencies?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
focus grip helps. i like skinny grips so it is very comfortable in the hand as apposed to the bulk of the wood grip mathews comes with real easy to put on too.

·
Registered
50,389 Posts
???????? Nobody can give you that answer but you. We are all different and we are all looking for different fits. One persons opinon is not yours. Myself I don't care for them or Shrewd they are both fine grips but not for me, I don't like the feel of them. Myself give me a Torqueless grip on a Mathews anyday of the week, I own two of them.

·
Marty in Badgerland
5,292 Posts
???????? Nobody can give you that answer but you. We are all different and we are all looking for different fits. One persons opinon is not yours. Myself I don't care for them or Shrewd they are both fine grips but not for me, I don't like the feel of them. Myself give me a Torqueless grip on a Mathews anyday of the week, I own two of them.
Dale - what is the installation/removal process?

LGN - take a look at Torqueless website. They have a lot of different color choices.

·
Registered
22 Posts
you will get less torq with it, and i think it feels better in hand when shooting

·
Registered
598 Posts
I switched to the focus grip on my DXT a few weeks ago and it has really seemed to help with torque as advertised. I like the look of the Mathews wood grip, but there is probably a reason most manufacturers make their bows with slim grips. I'd definitely recommend the focus or other thin torqueless grip.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
a hot air gun or blow dryer will put it on hold is seconds because the glue drys quick but wrap it with a ruberband for 24 hours just to make sure

1 - 7 of 7 Posts