Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
23,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started getting pictures of this buck in 2014. That year I figured him to be 2.5 years old. He got shot that year by a neighbor and had a big hole in his back which left a big scar for the next few years, making him easy to recognize. The next year (2015) he started putting on kickers and a nice droptine but still wasn't big enough or old enough to shoot. He broke his leg this same year somehow and had a major limp. His leg was permanently broke for the rest of his life and could barely walk, but he somehow survived. 2016 he blew up and put on a ton of trash with just a crazy looking rack, I guess due to the injuries. Then this year he actually went downhill and didn't get as big. If not for the scar and broken leg, he would've been almost unrecognizable due to his rack changes so much. I shot him November 5th but hit him too high in the back and didn't kill him. Then finally on December 30th I was able to put him down and put an end to the 4 year wait.

Attachments

·
Registered
28,103 Posts
Congrats on getting a warrior of a buck. It's amazing the punishment they can take yet still survive.

·
Registered
23,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats on getting a warrior of a buck. It's amazing the punishment they can take yet still survive.
That's for sure, he had taken a beating. He was in really poor health when I killed him and where I shot him the first time was pretty infected. I bet he didn't weigh 120 lbs when I killed him.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Great looking deer!! Congrats on that trophy.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Wow Great buck and story!!! Glad you could finally seal the deal. Poor guy had a tough life!

1 - 20 of 107 Posts