Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was bored tonight, i though what they heck i'll shoot a golf ball. So i pull out an arrow, and put a muzzy into it. I figured it would blow right through it, well i was wrong. It didnt make it through it, and it blew up my arrow. The insert and broadhead came out and the end of the arrow was shattered. So in conclusion, dont shoot at golf balls. Good example of what a bone on a deer might do though.

Attachments

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
You know the only thing that hurts a golf ball is a cart path.:eek:

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I have seen arrows stick right in the golf ball, its more fun when you shoot the arrow with the ball stuck on the end the arrows goes crazy

·
Get out and shoot!
3,798 Posts
I guess we shouldn't hunt on a golf course.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I got a Lab that can tear the cover off a golf ball.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I've seen several golf balls destroyed by my dogs, but I am actually quite suprised to see that Muzzy do that much damage to the golf ball. I know I am comparing apples to oranges, but once I shot a golf ball with a .38 special. It sent the golf ball about 30 yards away, but only left a shiny grey spot on the ball. That Muzzy is pretty impressive to me!:eek:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Impressive for the Muzzy head......

But I'd like to see a pic of the arrow too......if you haven't thrown it away.

Greg

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I have shot the with a .22 LR and they don't go through. :eek:

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
They are tough to skin, but once done I hear you can make soup out of them... Need a lot though they are small.

Coolhand.. Try it with a 300 win mag... The results are slightly different.

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
CoolhandLuke said:
I have shot the with a .22 LR and they don't go through. :eek:
used a 22-250 same size bullet :D

never did find that golf ball

·
Registered
802 Posts
Try a .17hmr!

My dad shot one with a a .17 hmr, and it blew that golfball to peices. Biggest peice was about the size of a nickel!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
what kind of arrow did you ruin?

·
WV Archery Association
159 Posts
golf ball

Actually that is pretty good penatration on an object that is made to compress and rebound.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hah and here I thought I was the only one that got bored and did that...but I shot mine with a cheap and dull Cabelas broadhead and it did not fare very well at all...neither did my arrow for that matter

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
What do you guys have against golf balls? What did they ever do to you? :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
I shot a golf ball two years ago just to see if it would go thru it. I placed the golf ball on the top of a plastic coke bottle right against my target. Shooting from 20 yds it took several attempts to perfectly center the golf ball, but once I did, the arrow penetrated thru the ball about 1" and the arrow snapped in half. By the way, I was using a field tip.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts