Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a stand that has put meat on the table year after year? For me it's a natural stand in a massive poplar bordering a hay field. Anyone else?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Not one tree...but a treeline. Stand has moved 4 different times over the years for various reason, but all the trees are within 20yds of one another. My number one producer still.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Yea, mostly field stands for for me. The woods stands I have seem to be hit or miss every year. Not sure why but they have different travel routes every year. It's like thy alternate

·
Registered
9,281 Posts
I have hunted the same tree at my local spot for about 15 years or so. Killed a bunch of deer out of that tree, and probably at least 5 years in a row.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Hunting within a hundred yards of the house. That's where i go to put a few does in the freezer every year. Also, to put down the first deer of the year on opening day every year.

·
Back down to ground level
16,324 Posts
Can't think off hand of any tree that I killed two deer out of. Maybe in the same 100yd area. I'm always moving to new spots.

·
Registered
11,289 Posts
Yep. 12' ladder stand in the corner of a field. Can't say how many i've killed out of that stand over the years. 100 yards from the house too!

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
24,509 Posts
Have a nice beech on a bench along the rim of a big bowl with an oak flat above. The oak flat is always littered with scrapes and rubs, but it took a few years for me to realize the buck check those scrapes and the flat without ever cresting the rim of the bowl. I moved my stand to the beech on the edge and put two shoulder mounts on the wall, my dad missed, my cousin missed, my buddy missed....5 years in a row a P&Y buck should have been taken from that tree, instead we got two and three misses....great tree, might call ours the missing tree though....

Joe

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
I have 3 trees that I have been killing deer out of for well over 20 years. All of them at less than 15' and they are trees that you would think you would easily get picked off of. The are all in areas on public land that have very little sign. I have 3 other trees that are similar that l kill deer out of also. It's like I am invisible in these trees.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Yes I have a stand I shot 3 bucks from and missed one. 3 years In a row. Also I have never seen a doe in the stand in the 3 years I have hunted it.

·
Up a Tree.......
3,198 Posts
I have one that I have been hunting since 2000 and have killed at least 1 deer a year out of it. Many years I have killed 3 or 4 out of it along with Coyotes and Bobcats. It is a little 20 acre rectangular patch of oaks between pastures and it is there main travel corridor. I have had the 4 last bucks killed there fall within 10 yards of the same spot.

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
Yes...I had more than a few...one was a big Sycamore (killed 'prolly 20 deer from that tree, 2 p & Y class bucks, had many more that I couldnt get a shot at too ), another was a maple at the front of the property and then another maple at the back of the property.....I also had an Oak that was in a perfect location that come the rut, you could expect a bruiser to come by on any sit, some did and are now on my wall...then a windstorm uprooted the oak and smashed the stand under it ....one heck of a set up... I miss that tree ...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Oooo I have a ladder stand on a crossing that I have a strong relationship and lots of memories with. There was also a lock on a long flat oak bench that I no longer hunt but when I did my confidence level in seeing and killing deer was high every time I hunted it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
298 Posts
On the downside I have a stand called the jinx tree due to all the foul ups that have occurred in it.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Have at least 5 trees on our property that have produced deer year after year, multiple deer the same season or even the same day. And none of them are on fields, all in the timber. Years back I had a tree on public ground that I sat in every time I went up there. Had three trails converging nearby and had deer & turkey in sight nearly every time.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I "had" a tree like that about 2 years ago - that is - until we lost the land! :sad: It was about 80 yards, or so deep in the woods - down in a bottom - next to a creek. I could always depend on that one tree - using a climber - to produce meat for the freezer. But... alas... not anymore! :cry:

·
Team Mongrel Rookie
4,509 Posts

I've killed a lot of deer from this tree!

·
Registered
947 Posts
My goal is to have every one of my stands produce deer year after year. That's part of the fun for me. If a stand doesn't produce a dead deer you have to figure out why. Sometimes just moving it to the next tree is all it takes. Sometimes leaving the area entirely is necessary. Entering or exiting a certain stand might spook deer out of the entire area.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Anyone have a stand that has put meat on the table year after year? For me it's a natural stand in a massive poplar bordering a hay field. Anyone else?
Hey NC.....what do you mean by a "natural stand" ? I just never heard the term before.

Joe

1 - 20 of 57 Posts