Archery Talk Forum banner

The Mighty Kisser Button?

1122 Views 28 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  KickerPoint79
So guys, I've always had a bad problem of getting to caught up in the moment and not anchoring right. Then I miss stuff, mainly turkey... So this year I was thinking about trying the kisser button, this way I would feel the button and put it where it needs to be, I also thought it might improve my accuracy.

What are your thoughts on the kisser button and has it helped you out?:wink:

Thanks.

Morgan.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Corripe Cervisiam
27,925 Posts
I shot with a kisser button [only] for years. Very good hunting setup and the only reason I went away from it was more pinpoint accuracy for 3D. Its a very quick sure anchor that works well especially in the heat of the moment.

· Registered
740 Posts
I was a little hesitant to put one on my bow a few years ago but it has helped me out tremendously. I found that I could get on target much quicker. I don't think I "need" it anymore, but I won't shoot without it

· Registered
283 Posts
So guys, I've always had a bad problem of getting to caught up in the moment and not anchoring right. Then I miss stuff, mainly turkey... So this year I was thinking about trying the kisser button, this way I would feel the button and put it where it needs to be, I also thought it might improve my accuracy.

What are your thoughts on the kisser button and has it helped you out?:wink:

Thanks.

Morgan.
it will help u alot:thumbs_up

· Registered
651 Posts
I have always shot with one. I was thinking of going without it and see how it goes, but I guess why mess with a good thing. It especially helps me if I am in stand and wearing a face mask. I can feel the kisser through the mask.

· fall at last
3,261 Posts
Apologies to the OP for this mini-hijack but I got a kisser question. When at full draw, where does the kisser touch on your face? And are you using an actual kisser button or just serving? Haven't much experience with one is why I'm asking.

· Registered
2,751 Posts
I think it's an either/or thing. You "possibly" need either a kisser or a peep sight.

I lost the kisser a few years ago, and if I deer hunt with a compound at all, this year, I prbably won't shoot either a peep or a kisser.

· Registered
712 Posts
I would give it a try if i was you. Once you get used to having it there it will provide another reference point when you anchor. For me I use the kisser, my nose on the string and my jaw bone as my reference points. It has helped me tremendously and made me more accurate. Try it they are cheap and if you dont like it you can have it removed no harm no foul. Good luck

· Registered
2,214 Posts
There is no way I would ever shoot without a kisser button. Actually I'm surprised that there are so many that don't use one. Give it a try and if you don't like it just take it off.

· Registered
1,870 Posts
Have shot a kisser button from day one for 20 some odd years.I use the string to touch my nose and kisser in the corner of my mouth. Have never shot peep sight and never will. I am good out to 50 yrd. Have shot at 60 but that is just to far in my Opinion. I really like this set up. should help you out for sure!

· Registered
12,016 Posts
I just crimp on a brass nock point as my kisser. Just make sure the open side of the nock point is away from your mouth as it will irritate your lip when you shoot.

· Arrow-minded Conservative
3,308 Posts
Kisser & peep

I use a kisser and a peep sight.

Why?

Because that's what the guy at the pro shop set me up with when I got my first bow. I didn't know what either of them were, but I trusted him.

Like them both.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.