Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot one tonight and i will keep my admrial. The draw was a little better but has a little bit of a vibration in the thing but not sure from were! Just my 2 cent's worth!

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
bowtech

i shot the 350 and had the same problem , granted just the rest was mounted. i wonder if all the damping system,s stuff would fix it...?
and if the 340 has the same problem....it reminded me of the reazen last year a little with that vibration, but not as bad

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
the octane pro had no sight on it either or stab

·
Im a Father and Bowhunter
6,004 Posts
Im sure alot of the vibration comes from the bow being a little out of tune..I bet if you could check cam rotation,timming and put it in spec ,,you would get rid of alot of the vibration..Also im sure a good stab would help..:)I think there a sweet bow ...Wish i had the cash to get one:wink:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I shot one tonight and i will keep my admrial. The draw was a little better but has a little bit of a vibration in the thing but not sure from were! Just my 2 cent's worth!

I'm curious as I shoot an Admiral too. How does the draw feel in comparison to the Admiral? I have heard someone compare it to a tribby with smooth mods believe it or not. If thats the case I really need to shoot a 340.

·
Registered
58 Posts
what you hear

The sound of the Destroyer while minimal can be described as a plink or a ping and is unique to any bow I have worked with. There is a dampener in the works for the flex guard to further minimize vibration. The bow draws smoother and is more shootable than any other 6 inch BH bow that has been made to date IMO. It is by no means loud, but there is nothing more dead in your hand than my Admiral. That being said, I am going to have to have a 350 in Black Ops as well.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
The Destroyer I shot was pretty dang close to being as quiet and dead at the shot as my Admiral. I had 2 Admirals this year too. I hated the draw on the Admiral so I went from a 70# bow to a 60#. The Destroyer I shot was 70# and felt darn close to the same poundage. It was a much easier draw IMO. I think I'll go back to 70# on the Destroyer. Maybe the one you shot was out of tune as others have mentioned. Doesn't sound like my experience though.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I shot the Destroyer at a couple of different shops. The first shop had the bow fully outfitted stab, drop away, sight, and the bow didn't vibrate at all. I think it felt very comparable to an admiral.

The other shop just a had cheap prong style rest and nothing else on it. It felt like a little guitar string was buzzing just after the shot... nothing bad, just a little vibration. I put a stab on it and it went away.

·
Registered
12,895 Posts
It's a 350fps bow !!

My 12 sec car has a rougher ride and more road noise than my clunky slow 09' Subaru ... (not much but some) but it will do 160 mph .... and the Subaru won't ....My 2$.....

It's the nature of the "speed bow" some are better some are worse ... IMHO the Destroyer is the one of the best I've shot it that category

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
It's a 350fps bow !!

My 12 sec car has a rougher ride and more road noise than my clunky slow 09' Subaru ... (not much but some) but it will do 160 mph .... and the Subaru won't ....My 2$.....

It's the nature of the "speed bow" some are better some are worse ... IMHO the Destroyer is the one of the best I've shot it that category

Great analogy, however there is a benefit reaped from the song heard from all of the winers.........

It keeps the manufacturers feet to the fire and in the end, we all benefit.

Now, if we could only get the winers focused on the state of the union :darkbeer:

·
Registered
12,895 Posts
Great analogy, however there is a benefit reaped from the song heard from all of the winers.........

It keeps the manufacturers feet to the fire and in the end, we all benefit.

Now, if we could only get the winers focused on the state of the union :darkbeer:

True ... IMO that's what we will see in next few years ... a more pallet-able 350 fps ... in the last 2 years I've already seen big improvements .. not more speed but more shootable and enjoyable

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
i hate that word....vibration, or even worse...hand shock.........booooohooooo........ so to all those that complain about "hand shock"... grow a pair!

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
Most of todays bows have very little or no vibration but everyone uses this as a way to test a bow. Forget the way it draws and holds. Don't even think about how well it points and shoots, it's stability and balance. Don't worry about the valley either. Just base everything on whether it has .01 or .02 amount of vibration. Don't consider the speed, mass weight or even if the bow is tuned.

I read most of the bow reports and most of them all comment on vibration like it is something that matters in todays bows. You can't really compare bows to one another to decide which one is best. One might shoot 5 bows and determine which one is the fastest, lowest vibration, most quiet, ect, but that one may not be the bow that you can shoot the best.

I look for a bow in a certain spec range and performance range. I tend to like certain designs and cam systems so I stick my preferences. I dn't get to wrapped up in the feel of the draw. After a week or two, you will retrain to pull the bow back and develop a new feel. I like one that holds itself back rather than one that pulls against me at full draw. I like a little valley so it won't snatch my shoulder out of socket. I like a stable bow that points and holds well with a solid wall. I like on that doesn't jump out of the hand or kicks to the side when shot. Some bows are easier to shoot than others. Some just have a certain feel that fits. Some feel like an extension of the arm and make shooting enjoyable.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
There is a very slight sensation at the end of the shot- a little spring type feel. Not anything like "handshock' (and I too tire of hearing that around here- if you really want to know what handshock is, go buy a hill style longbow and get back to me). Nor is it like string vibration. I believe it's the flexguard- and I believe dampening it in some way will take care of it-I'd most likely go with one of these cut to fit the sight mount side of the flex guard

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,329 Posts
Vibration???? I thought all the bows produced over the past 4+ years were Zero vibration.
Point being this bow (and the Z7) will be the Fanboys shizzle until the 2011 bows are out and then they will be SO awesome. People are just hungry to jump and the newest "gimick" out there.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
gimmick or not i love my 350. i dont notice any handshock or whatever you guys want to call it. this bow is deadly accurate (so far out to 80 yards, havent shot past that yet and i'm relatively new to archery) i think BT hit a grandslam with this one. for those that dont like it dont buy it. for those that do like it i think you're in for a treat if you buy it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts