Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4172380C-33F8-43B3-ABBA-52B70A404A29.jpg 462B2462-2ECF-4688-B944-60E97DF1A113.jpg

Sorry about the upside down pics don’t know how to fix them. But just put some Hogwire strings on it and got the timing right and shot it a few times. I don’t really see how people are saying this bow has a lot of vibration on the shot but all I had was a rest on it and the thing was dead in the hand I thought but I guess different strokes for different folks. I love this thing!

·
NH Bowhunter
3,905 Posts
I agree mine is quiet and vibe free. Sounds like some of these need some tweaking. A significant upgrade from the Carbon Defiant in my book! ATA and brace height is what I have been waiting for.....

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree mine is quiet and vibe free. Sounds like some of these need some tweaking. A significant upgrade from the Carbon Defiant in my book! ATA and brace height is what I have been waiting for.....
I agree I had a cd34 and I loved that thing, but this new bow, the more I shoot it the more I think this is the best bow I’ve ever owned.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I agree I had a cd34 and I loved that thing, but this new bow, the more I shoot it the more I think this is the best bow I’ve ever owned.
Just got mine dialed in IMG_0822.JPG IMG_0830.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
That’s sweet right there I see your running a qad mxt too. That’s awesome and good shooting AKwild!
Thanks! I’m pretty stoked! Lots of fun to shoot! Heading back out as we speak! Can’t get enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks mean and clean very sharp rig ...shooting good too, excited to get my first Carbon bow this year
Thanks I appreciate it. I’ve had Hoyt carbon bows every year since the first carbon spyder came out and I’ve love them all. Some times I have gone back to aluminum risers but usually not for long. I love this bow and I recommend it to everyone. You won’t regret getting you a carbon bow

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very nice. Any specific tuning or changes to get it to shoot good?
I haven't really got in to the tuning stages yet with this bow but the start setup of this bow is: timing is dead even if not slightly top cam advance, nock hight is dead level, shooting a true 27.5 inch draw at 65 lbs coming out of the b slot on a #3 cam, and there is basically zero pre lean in each cam of this bow. initial shots after all this was zero hand shock and the arrow seem to fly pretty good. I will be going more in depth with this bow after the string settles, but its looking like its going to be a easy setup. The strings on this bow are from Rob at Hogwire custom strings and he did a awesome job.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That thing looks badass in black.
thanks hidden danger! I actually had a kuiu verde one ordered but after I seen one in black I thought it was the sweetest looking bow I have ever seen. So I got on the phone with Hoyt a few days later and got it changed

1 - 20 of 62 Posts