Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the thoughts on the new Prime bows this year. Anyone check them out? And how about those new G5 Pink Montec Broadheads. Super Cool!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Prime is getting a lot of positive feedback. I can't begin to guess how many people said they were their favorite bows at the ata. They seem to offer something for a lot of shooters.

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
I've shot pretty much every offering so far and the prime impact stood out from the pack.That bow is a shooter!

·
Registered
745 Posts
i really want to shoot the defy here soon seems like a great bow.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Seriously looking at the Defy, I have a bow on order but might end up with it. My dealer said it shoot great and was smoooooth.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Lineup is incredible. They changed the string stopper which was the only complaint we had and they shoot GREAT! Long range accuracy these bows can't be beat! And the bow is nearly indestructible now plus they offer the shield program where you can get free strings and cables for life (as long as you own the bow). No other company out there offers that, that I know of.?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You won't be disappointed with the Defy or Impact. That's for sure. So forgiving!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ordered a Defy about a week ago. It has a smoother draw than my Shift. Still like my Shift & will be keeping it around.

·
Snowmobile Fanatic
4,629 Posts
Ttt

·
Registered
327 Posts
I sold my bowtech insanity and drove to the nearest dealer to at least hold one of these...they didnt have them in yet. I shot the Centroid and the Shift, a they were both awesome....as soon as the Defy comes in, Ill be shooting it and then most likely having the dealer order me one in in Optifade Forest 30" 60#...pumped, heard nothing but good from this company/lineup and I love trying new stuff out.... Maybe my "Yearly Bow Update" period will come to a halt if these are all they are cracked up to be... (Who am I kidding? I say that Every year..)

·
Snowmobile Fanatic
4,629 Posts
I got to shoot the new Defy this afternoon. Now, mind you I am a lefty and I shot a right handed model, left handed. The bow was set at 70lbs and I was the first one to shoot the brand new floor model they just got in yesterday. The bow is beautiful, fit and finish is top notch just like the Elites. I'm a big Elite fan, btw. The Defy was very stiff at first to draw back for the first 10 shots I shot. Nobody shot this bow yet. As I shot more it started to become less stiff. The draw was very smooth, right there close to my Elites, and the same awesome back wall as the Elites. There is very little valley on this bow compared to my Elites. The draw was consistently smooth through the duration of the draw cycle and very little hump. I think the letoff on the Defy is not as quite pronounced like my Elites. The letoff is still very solid just not quite the high letoff my Elites have. The bow shop owner did not have a chance to tune the bow yet so it's hard to say what the difference would have been. I am very impressed by the bow and love the grip and dual cam system. If cam lean is an issue for you, than I would highly recommend the Primes, because I didn't notice any cam lean even shooting this bow left handed. The bow is dead in the hand and I love how the bow holds. There is no kick during or at the end of the shot. I did notice a very slight vibration at the end of the shot, but a stabilizer would take that right out. I am going to wait and see until they get their shipment of Impacts in, but this bow is definitely a winner. I also shot the Hoyt Spyder 30. That bow is awesome as well, but it does not have the solid back wall the Defy has, and it isn't quite as smooth either. It is a lighter bow but it also has a slight creep forward .
I can't wait to shoot the Impact when it comes in and can seriously see a new Prime in my future this year. Which model that might be remains to be seen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts