Archery Talk Forum banner

the newest and safest way to hang a hang on

2395 Views 29 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  EJP1234
my buddy has created this device that clamps to any hang on and clips to the tree so you dont have to hold on to it while holding yourself to the tree and reaching for straps. go check him out at safetreeoutdoors com
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
If it works like it should, that's a really cool idea. My two main concerns would be reliability and price. For $200 the mark reals look a bit on the thin side, but that could just be the perspective of the camera. Either way, cool idea.

· Registered
3,992 Posts
Pretty genius design, I like it. Wish it was 50$, I leave my stands up and rarely move or rehang. Very impressed with the design though. Wish him much success.

· Registered
8,611 Posts
That's cool. I'll be surprised if it takes off. TO MUCH! I bought a little hoist for $12.99 that does the same thing. Hoists it up to you AND holds it there while you set the stand. NOT as fancy and amazing as your buddies contraption, but it does the same thing safely.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thankyou all for the feed back! it would be ideal for someone with many stands/alot of land, seeing as it is detachable. all feedback welcome thanks again

· Registered
532 Posts
I just use the safety belt that comes with my harness to put around the tree, leaves both hands free to work with the stand.

· Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Pretty cool, but a few things. First and foremost, he needs to be wearing a harness in his promotional video. If you are going to market products for treestands you need to promote treestand safety. Second the cost will bother a lot of people. I realize it's a quality made product, and imo it's really not that expensive. But people love to complain about things being expensive. Then if you make them cheaper by making a lesser product, they whine about how cheaply made it is. Good luck to your buddy, I really do think there is a market for this.

· Airborne Archery
9,099 Posts
I really like his design and idea. It is simple to use and makes it easier by holding stand in place but is pricey. I will say it looks well built and I'm sure it is not cheap to manufacture. I wish him the best of luck.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.