Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All You bow Guru's with the inside track, what is the next hot bow models we should be watching for this fall? In the past year I think most of the buzz was with the switchback and the Allegiance. I bought both of those bows as well as others and have to say they all lived up to there reputation as the best bows I have ever shot. The bows truly do keep getting better every year. So what have You guys heard is coming down the line for new bow models, and by which manufacturer? I know most of the companys dont like to release the new models until after the season starts, but what have any of You heard is coming down the line.

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
Hoyt cam's

I've read, yes I can read :shade: , Hoyt is making the TEC riser with a new pocket design, and a new cam system that is going to really get everyone going :smile: . They have an excellent bow, and just when you think how can they make it better??? Some tech. dude comes up with a new idea, I'm just telling you what I've read, but I cann't wait to see the new stuff coming out in a few months, that's when you get really good deals on the 05 stuff :smile: :smile: :cocktail:

·
Registered
12,058 Posts
I second the Merlin anticipation. The thread in the Manufacturer's forum hints at something faster than their present offerings. I've also heard they will have a second new bow, not sure what niche it is intended to fill...

·
32,711 Posts
I just might consider a Mathews Switchback if it's got a 37 inch ATA. Now that would be an all time best seller! :thumbs_up

·
Registered
206 Posts
rembrandt said:
I just might consider a Mathews Switchback if it's got a 37 inch ATA. Now that would be an all time best seller! :thumbs_up
Remmy, what if Mathews came out with the SBXL like they did with the Q2. Wouldn't that be great! Although, I'm pretty happy with the Switchback just the way it is!!!! :D

MM

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Margarita Mike said:
Remmy, what if Mathews came out with the SBXL like they did with the Q2. Wouldn't that be great! Although, I'm pretty happy with the Switchback just the way it is!!!! :D

MM
I sure would like to see a switchback in something more than 70#'s

·
Registered
193 Posts
always something better

November is one of the most exciting times because the new bows debut and every mfg wants to improve on what they did, I'm lreally ooking forward to Hoyt and BT. The newer companies will be interesting too, Wheeler, Diamond, Ross, and Alpine. Finally we'll get to see if PSE and Martin want to try and keep up or do the same old thing.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I'll state for the record that I can't wait to see what is coming out of Ed McPherson's brain for '06. He has done wonders to the Ben Pearson lineup with the Dagger and the Pride and the McPherson lineup is phenomenal with the Bishop, Edge and Diesel.

For the record, Ben Pearson and McPherson are the only companies that actually let the customer design a bow model. They have been having a build your own bow contest at their websites (www.benpearson.com and www.mcphersonarchery.com). The result of this for the 05 models is the Ben Pearson Pride. There will be a new model coming out for the '06 year that again was designed by customer input...yeah, they let the customers build a bow. Pretty awesome, I think.

Aside from that, I am most excited to see how they could possibly improve upon the Edge and Bishop. These bows are fantastic...but I know Ed has some tricks up his sleeve.

·
32,711 Posts
selectarchery said:
I'll state for the record that I can't wait to see what is coming out of Ed McPherson's brain for '06. He has done wonders to the Ben Pearson lineup with the Dagger and the Pride and the McPherson lineup is phenomenal with the Bishop, Edge and Diesel.

For the record, Ben Pearson and McPherson are the only companies that actually let the customer design a bow model. They have been having a build your own bow contest at their websites (www.benpearson.com and www.mcphersonarchery.com). The result of this for the 05 models is the Ben Pearson Pride. There will be a new model coming out for the '06 year that again was designed by customer input...yeah, they let the customers build a bow. Pretty awesome, I think.

Aside from that, I am most excited to see how they could possibly improve upon the Edge and Bishop. These bows are fantastic...but I know Ed has some tricks up his sleeve.
I'll say one thing for Pearson, they are giving it an all out effort to regain footage in the battle for bow recognition. Pearson made some inroads this past year and I hope they continue cause it's that kind of desire that brings major success down the road. In my youth, Pearson and Bear were about the only two selling bows back then. I'm talking 50s and 60s. Golly, how time flies!

·
Registered
10,682 Posts
The only new bows I'm interested in seeing is the Merlins. :cool:

Sag.

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
bushbuck said:
I sure would like to see a switchback in something more than 70#'s
Why? In a hunting situation you would never need more than 70lbs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts