Archery Talk Forum banner

***The Official Northeastern States Bowhunting and Bowhunter Showcases Thread***

21578 Views 328 Replies 61 Participants Last post by  DriveTacks
Welcome Home Bowhunters from New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, and last but certainly not least, Maine.

:welcomesign:

Want to know more about bowhunting in your region?

Want to see trail cam and hunter success pics of game in your region?

Want to share information about public hunting land and resources within realistic driving distance?

Want to stay in touch with family and friends as well as make new friends in your area?

Then look no further...

You have arrived.

Let the game begin!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:
1 - 20 of 329 Posts

· Teniente D'Equipo Mongrel
10,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, I get the first post in this thread. Im from MA. Vid in my signature is a self filmed MA 10 pt from last year. Lets see some more NE pics.
Hey Kevin Congrats, Great buck, great vid. I had seen it before. You did an amazing job of capturing the excitement, and thrills of bowhunting. A goal of mine is to get a hunt on film, your an inspiration gettin it done by yourself.

Here's a nice NEK Vermont Bull Moose from 2008.

Moose Deer hunting Hunting Trophy hunting Wildlife biologist

· Registered
594 Posts
Hey Guys,

I might as well be the first CT person on here. Congrats on the nice 10 pt and nice moose guys.
Here is a pic of my 2010 buck, shot the morning of my brothers wedding. I was the best man. I knew it was going to be a good day.
Deer hunting Trophy hunting Deer Hunting Elk

10,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice buck Matt, good spread rack reminds me of southern NY bucks. I currently live and hunt in NY, but I also hunt in VT.
Hope you made it to the wedding on time.

· Registered
908 Posts
Hey Guys,

I might as well be the first CT person on here. Congrats on the nice 10 pt and nice moose guys.
Here is a pic of my 2010 buck, shot the morning of my brothers wedding. I was the best man. I knew it was going to be a good day.
View attachment 1125728
Nice deer. How wide was that rack...22"?

· Registered
908 Posts
Hey Kevin Congrats, Great buck, great vid. I had seen it before. You did an amazing job of capturing the excitement, and thrills of bowhunting. A goal of mine is to get a hunt on film, your an inspiration gettin it done by yourself.

Here's a nice NEK Vermont Bull Moose from 2008.

View attachment 1125714
Nice moose! I do a lot of hunting in Central VT, but havent hunted NEK yet.

10,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice moose! I do a lot of hunting in Central VT, but havent hunted NEK yet.
Nice, I use to live in Royalton beautiful area got a bunch of buddies down round Tunbridge, Strafford, Bethel, Barnard where abouts central VT?

I love hunting the Big Woods of NEK but still waiting for my NEK brute. Tons of moose up where I hunt coyotes, and bear too, none of those are great for the deer though.

· Registered
908 Posts
Nice, I use to live in Royalton beautiful area got a bunch of buddies down round Tunbridge, Strafford, Bethel, Barnard where abouts central VT?

I love hunting the Big Woods of NEK but still waiting for my NEK brute. Tons of moose up where I hunt coyotes, and bear too, none of those are great for the deer though.[/QUOTE

That is where our camp is, Royalton. Right up off of 14, not far from the Messiers Store/checking station.

10,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I love hunting the Big Woods of NEK but still waiting for my NEK brute. Tons of moose up where I hunt coyotes, and bear too, none of those are great for the deer though.[/QUOTE

That is where our camp is, Royalton. Right up off of 14, not far from the Messiers Store/checking station.
If you fish you gotta love the white from Stockbridge to Sharon

· Registered
908 Posts

10,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh yeah. Theres nothing like chasing turkeys in the a.m. and then reeling in some rainbows in the afternoon, up there.
No doubt, I saw the biggest turkey of my life in that area, in a pasture on top of a hill, I was driving along pulled over cause I was sure there was a bear in the pasture! Turned out it was a huge Tom strutn'! haven't seen anything like that since.

· Registered
226 Posts
Hey guys, great to see there is finally a Northeast thread on AT. I'm from Mass and relatively new to archery. This will be my second year hunting and I'm looking forward to punching my second tag this year (got myself an opening day gobbler).

Also fairly excited because I was able to draw an antler-less deer tag for my usual hunting area (zone 5). Did anyone else in MA apply for Doe tags?

10,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey zeewhiteone welcome, congrats on your turkey and drawing antlerless, hope you get a big old girl. Got any pics of your turkey to post?
Alright we got NY, CT, MA, VT, lets keep spreading the good word, The Eastern Sub-Forum I find to be a little slow, but we can change that.

10,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice, what did the little one think? I haven't stuck a turkey yet, last fall I had a great chance while deer hunting but I blew it not being patient enough. Didn't make it out this spring unfortunately.

· Registered
908 Posts
he just wanted to pull the feathers out...lol. This was the first season that I strictly hunted turkeys with just a bow. Only hunted a few times, but got lucky on my last day. Figures that it was the only day I didnt bring the video camera setup.

· Registered
908 Posts
Hey guys, great to see there is finally a Northeast thread on AT. I'm from Mass and relatively new to archery. This will be my second year hunting and I'm looking forward to punching my second tag this year (got myself an opening day gobbler).

Also fairly excited because I was able to draw an antler-less deer tag for my usual hunting area (zone 5). Did anyone else in MA apply for Doe tags?
Zone 3 for me. i go out to Great Barrington for a annual group shotgun hunt every opening week.

10,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey PRC, that's a really nice looking buck, love the way those main beams turn down, he's gonna look awesome when his rack hardens.
welcome to the NE thread:)

1 - 20 of 329 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.