Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to say that this is the only fourm that blast people for what they think why?one may say what he or she think's it's great why ? blast some one for that .in the many post that i have read people are ready to step on some ones neck because of what they think why? this is what people believe it's what the world is all about people are not here to hammer we are here to help why all the hate ,someone don't like what you say or do so what let it go all my friends are people that help each other i guess that's why thier called friends . thank you and good bye Buffalo Hunter

·
Registered
34,167 Posts
Oh no here it comes. Just kidding. I think it is just the way people are now a days. It also has something to do with the fact that we are on the computer. Sometimes I think things come off the wrong way because you can't hear the "tone" in someones voice over the net. This place also has alot more people on it and gets alot more traffic than any other forum. So you have alot more opinions going around so an arguing is bound to happen.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
What can you say to that?

Archers are passionate people and have opinions. If you think this is the only forum with occassional flareups you have obviously not visited the Bowsite or any number of other archery forums. These people on this forum are good people and knowlegeable as a group. Most of them will go out of their way to help another forum member. If you are too thin skinned for the occasional flare up, you might be better off in some kind of
"I'm Ok, You're Ok" kind of discussion forum. Most of these people are competitive by nature and occasionally it becomes visible.;)
Jbird

·
Registered
37 Posts
Why, Why, I ask ya? Why can't we all just get along? I really don't think most people on this forum are out to step on anyones neck. Some people may just come off as a little more abrupt than others. GET OVER IT!! Just kidding:D

·
Extreme Opinionated One
45,125 Posts
Abrupt: I like that word. I haven't been called that one yet. Tactless, insensitive, and beligerant yes many times but never just little old "abrupt". I'll have to try harder I guess.:D :D :D

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Sean

I couldn't agree more.:) He will learn if he spends time on the others.:p Good people and good site, here at AT. IMHO, with no attitude, of coarse!:D

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Not wantin' to disagree with you Bufflo Hunter but the Bowsite is worse than here, I've seen stuff there that's outright racist and it stays up for days. Complain about the format or search engine of the site that's gone in minutes :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
actually it's those dang Matthews shooters stirring it up

For the most part this place is pretty mellow. We go through some bumpy times but it all works out. If it gets out of hand, GRIV will step in and sort it out.

On any public forum you will get some friction with a diverse group especially if it's a bunch of perfectionest shooters.

Don't let it get to you. Just stand your ground. They may blast your point but they will also respect the heck out of you for not backing down.

ox

·
Registered
236 Posts
Why be fake about it. if someone has something to say, let them say it. Of course there are exceptions. Keep in mind this is the internet and some people think this is the place to talk smack and whatnot.

·
Banned
636 Posts
Time of year!!!

I have seen this every year, for some reason this time of year people get very confrontational(sp). My theory is that it is some sort of Pre-rut hormonal thing:D

In addition you have a ton of guys gearing up for hunting season and logging in to get info and such........

don't give up, it gets better...........lots better!!!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Pre-rut MABY THE WIFE WILL BELIVE THIE ONE lol

runaways DEAD xS

·
Registered
34,167 Posts
:D Pre-Rut:D . Thats great. I never thought of that. We rut before the bucks. I guess I might be extra cranky then. I don't have a place to hunt this year. We lost our land last year.:( But then again that just means I get a jump start on everyone for indoors!!!!:D :eek:

·
Registered
294 Posts
This is the best site that I have been to. Great place to get info., or even just vent a little. Good place for some laughs too!!
Often times when you post on this site and your post is based on personal exp., you leave yourself wide open for critisism. Isn't that why we post? I know I do and I learn from what is said, like I will never post a picture of a kill again with my bow in the picture and an empty quiver. Some folks got offended by the empty quiver. hehehe!!! Next time I'' filler back up.
Hey, It's a great site and if you can't handle it, nobody's making you log on.
AZHUNTER

·
Registered
42 Posts
Pre-rut, post-rut, mid-rut...well, maybe not mid-rut! By far, this is the best of the archery forums out there...I lurk on them alot and have learned alot but the forum with the most useful and multi-sided, really informative discussions is this one. I suppose it's just natural for each of us to have equipment prejudices based on our own experiences/preferences.

Speaking out is a part of the American experience...besides if someone hadn't spoken out about 220+ years ago, we wouldn't be having this conversation as Americans! As long as we don't physically harm, hinder or in any way refuse a right to any one of us, let it be said!!!

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
I don't think there is any other archery site with such a large, diverse group of experienced archers and hunters from all over the world. There are bound to be some ruffled feathers at times. It makes for some really insightful and spirited discussion:), Best of all, it really helps to let us all know how other archers/hunters in different parts of the country hunt, shoot, and think.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Buffalo Hunter

I'm sorry you think us to be too confrontative but, how would you really know that since I noticed that you have only joined the Forums 4 days ago. You Can't get a proper perspective unless you have spent at least 6 months getting to know who's who and what's what around here. This forum has some of the finest men, women and young people that you will ever hope to encounter anywhere. The membership extends throughout the entire globe. If it was not as well recieved as it is would there be over 7,000 members. Show me any other internet forum with a membership even close to it. Some of the Worlds most prestigious archers make this their home away from home.
Is it any suprise to you that when you have that many individuals that there will be differences of opinions. Anytime you have as much diversity there will be some who will not be as tactfull as some of us would like but, is that any different then any other place on this planet.
Archers Helping Archers IS what goes on here the majority of the time. The few threads you might find here that are devicive could better be termed Archers Protecting Archers.
As with any group of peope that gather together, there will always be a tiny percentage of those who only want to create chaos or take advantage of others. Some of us believe that standing up for what is right, is more important then sitting back and allowing the uninformed to be taken advantage of.
We will speak our minds openly and sometimes too fervently for some peoples liking. If you spent the time to get to know us instead of making a snap judgement you might find that out. It is true that nobody gets along with everyone, but at least those of us who truly consider ourselves members here know why we don't like certain people.
You Spoke of us stepping on peoples necks. The truth is there are very few episode of that occuring but, when it does there is usually a very good reason behind it. I have been involved in a few extremly heated exchanges with a member or two but only when they have crossed the line of courtesy or ethics. If your a scam artist or a foul mouthed pig, you can bet your bottom dollar I will be there and going for your throat for all I'm worth. These good people on Archery Talk are all (for the most part) considered friends of mine. If you take advantage of them then you have to deal with me and a lot of others like me.
I have been on a lot of the other Archery websitea and in my opinion this is the best of the best, without question.
If you choose to leave here before you have an understanding of who we are, it is your choice but it is also your loss, the friendships and knowledge you can find here you will find nowhere else.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
bufflo hunter

Sit back and relax... you have found and joined the BEST archery site there is anywhere... you will soon see this if you give everyone a chance:p and you will make new friends here, and get more info than you can use or try in a life time.
The best in archery are here on Archery Talk, I'm sure most of them have other forums to help out with.. but they all seem to show up here. Enjoy what you have found...ARCHERY TALK.
DUBBYA ARE

·
Occam's Razor
9,096 Posts
I have been a member of this forum for a little over a year. I have encountered folks on here that I wish were many miles closer to where I live. We would be good friends and shooting buddies. I have witnessed favors done by archers to other archers that they do not even know, offers that completely astound me, and very good exchange of data. I've witnessed releases given away, and bows ex hanged between members, among the many acts of kindness. One member video taped a seminar at Vegas and sent it to well over a 100 members who requested a copy. I've witnessed members sending checks, & archery items as part of a charity shoot to help a family in distress.

Have we had our bad apple or two, yes. Have we had our share of anger expressed toward each other, yes. Have we had generally great behavior, yes. As with my sporting clays/skeet shooting friends, there's not a better group of folks.

Take the good with the bad, but it's mostly good, no it's mostly excellent..

But whatever you do, post less, read more, just don't quite this site.................:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts