Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For her birthday my fiance designed her dream bow. Here is how it came out:

Bowtech Heartbreaker Black Ops. 25 inches and 50 lbs.
Octane Stab
Octane hostage Pro rest
Invasion Sideplates
Ridgerunner Sling
Apex 4 pin sight.

Her arrows are Easton Excel 500 spines cut @ 25 inches, with Blazers and Arrowrap custom wraps, and black H nocks.

She was going to go with a Spott Hogg, but the sight that came with the bow is very nice, no reason to change it.

Set @ 40 until she gets used to it. The draw is stiffer than her Razors Edge. The bow @ 40 lbs shoots faster than her Edge did @ 45 lbs. It holds much better, and her groups are already great @ 30 yards.

·
Hunter/Gatherer
13,334 Posts
Very nice!!!!

·
GUT DEER ????
4,595 Posts
sweet bow! i bet it shoots as great as it looks. mine does. love the arrows. you can get the grips from bowtech or some pro shops. i got mine from torqless grips.com

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everybody. Bowtech 1988, I called the Bowtech Pro Shop in Oregon and told them I wanted the red Invasion side plates, and they mailed them to me for like $25. I love Bowtech.

·
GUT DEER ????
4,595 Posts
to the top for a sweet bow

·
Let the Arrow Fly
5,487 Posts
If you take the bow for being sexy...i wouldnt mine seeing her!!! Congrats on an awesome looking bow!!!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Beautiful- word of advice however, those sights that come with the bow are decent, but they aren't durable. My girlfriend dropped her bow on accident and the sight actually broke and the horizontal adjustment bar. Just letting you know- great bow, hope she has good luck with it!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The wraps are from arrowraps.com. they have a pretty awesome website that you can design your own stuff on. Thanks everybody for the comments. She is reading this too and is happy everyone likes it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Beautiful package !

·
Registered
574 Posts
Outstanding, love it. Trying to get the girlfriend hooked. She's shot my "teen/youth" bow a couple times (Bear Odyssey 40-50 factory set up package), and if she gets hooked, we'll step up and spend money on a beauty rig like that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts