Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently changed from shooting some 85 grain heads (that didnt fly very good) i got from a friend of mine to some thunderhead 125s and i was suprised at how much better groups that i got but they were about 8 inches low and now i moved my D loop down(turning it on the serving) about 1/16 of an inch and now the heads are going all over the place......i can still get them all in a paper plate at 25 yards but they are all over the place......can anyone help me?????

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Why did you move your loop? The heavier heads probably should have hit lower so you would have had to move your sight pins down. The sporadic grouping now is from the loop being too low, the bow is now out of tune.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I would expect the heavier heads to imact lower, I think you should have moved your sight instead of your loop. Chances are your rig is out of tune. Move the loop back to where it was and see if your arrows group well. If they do simply move your pins as needed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i retuned the bow today and the heads shoot low 6" and to the right 4" do i move the rest to the left a little bit and then change my pins for the shooting low???

·
Registered
676 Posts
move your sight not the rest if your groups are good. follow the arrow impact with your adjustments. if right impacting, move sight right. if high, move sight up. just remember _ follow the arrow with adjustments. moving the rest can put you back out of tune again. if your broadheads are right of field points, then yes, moving rest very slightly to the left should bring them together which is usually a very close tune. then adjust pin settings as above. good luck and keep us posted

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i will have to wait to change the pins til morning but thanks for all the help this is only my 2nd season hunting and last season i used someone elses bow so i didnt have to tune it.....thanks for all the help :thumbs_up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts