Archery Talk Forum banner

The PSE Roller Glide

37465 89
This is PSE's new Roller Glide. It comes on the Evolve 35 and a few other 2017 PSE bows..
It has two rollers for the cable rod and one for each cable... Nice!!!!!
You should be able to get this roller glide at your local PSE dealer for about $50.
It will fit most bows that have a 3/8" diameter cable guard (rod) or flexslide.
ColoradoHunter said that the part number for the PSE Roller Glide is 01308.
Michael Payne made a side with cable rollers, and Saunders made one with a rod roller.
It's high time someone made one with both. The speed improvement seems to be minimal.
But it does provide a smoother draw, and wear in that area is almost nonexistent.

PSE's new Roller Glide

Michael Payne's and ................... Saunders's cable slide.
Product Auto part Automotive tire Wheel
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

· Registered
6,181 Posts
Did anyone test the ´´smoother draw´´ or is it based on just the mind game that as soon as rollers are involved it has to be smoother ?
I had the Payne roller a few years back and it was not measurable that it was smoother drawing at all compared, to the stock slide which was lighter in physical weight.

· Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The smoother draw and speed, with & without, have been tested.
One review I saw got like 2fps faster with the roller glide, and he said it was noticeably smoother.
Some of the reviews had a little more speed that that; i guess it depends on the bow, and how bad the roller was needed.
I've seen a lot of good reviews on the Payne roller too. Like-ability may be bow or perspective related.
Their increased weight should not be an operational problem, physics wise, for those devises.
The PSE and Payne ones are said to be very well made.
1 in 50 failures for the Saunders, for most archers, is still considered to be too much of a time bomb.

· Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The standard PSE slide is about $6. At $50, is this new Roller Glide worth the improvement you see to your bow.
Archers spend money on other expensive accessories like balancing systems and sights.
Many of us have bows the cost between $1500 and $2000 W/Acc.
It's amusing how much a little improvement is worth to some of us.

· Registered
1,645 Posts
This actually intrigues me. I've had some cable slide wear issues where my cables are actually eating through my slides. Tried just about every one except for the Bomar and AAE. The Hoyt seems to be holding up the best but would love to try this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· I am a Junky
6,802 Posts
I just sold one of the Michael Payne's slides and I have one on my hunting bow.... $50, probably not... $35 all day long. Oh and I hope PSE paid that man something when they basically stole his design.

· Registered
1,540 Posts
I just sold one of the Michael Payne's slides and I have one on my hunting bow.... $50, probably not... $35 all day long. Oh and I hope PSE paid that man something when they basically stole his design.
If they stole it, I don't think they paid him. LOL

· Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
who is selling these??
You should be able to get this roller glide for about $50 at any pro shop that sells PSE bows.

· Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If they stole it, I don't think they paid him. LOL
From what I understand of the patent laws, you have 7 years to make your money, then anyone can freely use the idea. Michael Payne started making his version over 10 years ago, but no longer makes them. If someone even made his version again, it’s not like they’re cutting into his profits. PSE’s version has its similarities, but it also has its differences.

Where can I find the Michael Payne roller guide?
He hasn't made a new batch in several years. You can find them for sell as used only.
AT Classifieds, or sense you ask, someone may PM you with an offer.

Tag...have an Elite that goes through cables pretty quickly. I beleive these will work, correct?
If your bow has the standard 3/8" diameter cable rod, yes it will fit your bow.

· Registered
1,645 Posts
Does anyone know how far these come off of the rod? Currently using a Hoyt slide but I get less clearance with it. Hoping this is a bit shorter than the Hoyt and more like the Saunders

· Registered
1,501 Posts
From what I understand of the patent laws, you have 7 years to make your money, then anyone can freely use the idea. Michael Payne started making his version over 10 years ago, but no longer makes them. If someone even made his version again, it’s not like they’re cutting into his profits. PSE’s version has its similarities, but it also has its differences.

He hasn't made a new batch in several years. You can find them for sell as used only.
AT Classifieds, or sense you ask, someone may PM you with an offer.

If your bow has the standard 3/8" diameter cable rod, yes it will fit your bow.
I don't believe that's how patents work, if they did companies wouldn't be paying royalties on binary and hybrid Cam bows

Edit- 14-20 years depending on the category

http://info.legalzoom.com/happens-patent-expires-20317.html

· OEF VI VET
6,687 Posts
Does anyone know how far these come off of the rod? Currently using a Hoyt slide but I get less clearance with it. Hoping this is a bit shorter than the Hoyt and more like the Saunders

I heard that they give the same amount of clearance as a standard PSE slide. I dont know about the Hoyt slides but I know the standard PSE slides do not pull the cables in as far as the Saunders.

· Registered
1,645 Posts
I heard that they give the same amount of clearance as a standard PSE slide. I dont know about the Hoyt slides but I know the standard PSE slides do not pull the cables in as far as the Saunders.
I have one on order so I guess I'll find out soon enough. Appreciate it

· Registered
3,345 Posts

Replace your cable rod with an offset one and then you're set. You can fine tune it then

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.