Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
impatiently waiting
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That right i did it tonight, not sure if i bumped the trigger or if the hook wasnt completly locked or what but i started to draw release came off the loop and punched myself right in the cheek, my pride was hurt more than anything. i have a qad rest and shoot fobs so my arrow went gently to the end of the range while my fob proceeded to go behind me as it came off when it hit the rest... little embarassing at the time but pretty funny now...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yeah I had that happen the first time using a pure backtension release, it sucked. What type of release where you using?

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Could we get a slow motion replay on that ?? LOL !!! Sorry to hear about your luck. Just blame the bruise on your woman.

·
impatiently waiting
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wish i had a slow motion of it myself! its a truball short-n-sweet ive had for a while thats why im not really sure what happened...

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I had that happen once, a newly tied loop came undone just as I started pulling hard and bam, hurt really bad, I tie loops much better now!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Winn Relax Trigger

When I was much younger I had a Winn Free Flight with the relax trigger. I was trying to transition from finger shooting, so that seemed like the way to go. That thing was pure evil. After two bloody noses I sent it back.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Never pounched myself but I have shot myself in the foot. I just hooked the string and had my bow down and I just applied some pressure before I raised to start the draw and bamb it went off and got me. Yes I have shot myself with a bow.

·
Banned
1,674 Posts
That right i did it tonight, not sure if i bumped the trigger or if the hook wasnt completly locked or what but i started to draw release came off the loop and punched myself right in the cheek, my pride was hurt more than anything. i have a qad rest and shoot fobs so my arrow went gently to the end of the range while my fob proceeded to go behind me as it came off when it hit the rest... little embarassing at the time but pretty funny now...
I did it to my front teeth, almost knock them loose. I was testing a release which was rated to 80lb but gave up at 40lb.

I was also shooting the FOBs and the little nock and FOB just rolled on the ground, and all I had to do is to pick them up.

The lady shooting recurve bow a few lanes over was screaming at me about how I could have get someone killed. The arrow was pointed down and drawn towards the target, so no one was ever in danger. Guess some people would find any excuse to scream and accuse others with the holier than thou attitude.

·
Registered
128 Posts
had that happen on my first attempt at tying a d loop felt like a complete idiot good thing no one was watching. I about knocked myself silly.:confused:

·
Registered
148 Posts
The cable inside my first release "cobra" broke and I seen stars! It caught me off gaurd so much it didn't even hurt, just totally stunned me:eek:

·
Registered
898 Posts
Yep,Shot my old tru-ball so much it finally broke. After a few misfires in a row and a bloody lip I found out It wasnt me triping the trigger.:confused:

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I had that happen with a Lil Bitty Goose Strap release. 5 times in a row! Nose, mouth, and chin. 5, 70 lb punches! I sent it back to Scott, they repaired, it good as new!

I'm only 5' 7", but have been in so many car wrecks, bike wrecks, bull riding wrecks, and fights it just plain ole pee'd me off! I was a lil' "bow" shy when I got the release back though!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I had that happen with a Lil Bitty Goose Strap release. 5 times in a row! Nose, mouth, and chin. 5, 70 lb punches! I sent it back to Scott, they repaired, it good as new!

I'm only 5' 7", but have been in so many car wrecks, bike wrecks, bull riding wrecks, and fights it just plain ole pee'd me off! I was a lil' "bow" shy when I got the release back though!
Wow, 5 times in a row, you probably looked like you were in a barfight after that, that stinks!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
first day learning how to shoot my tru-ball BT Gold, punched myself in the face and took out a light while doing so. Received a full round of applause for my efforts

·
Registered
769 Posts
I did it the first time I tried a hinge BT release. It hurt like the dickens! I love shooting hinges now but they don't call em mouth busters for nothin.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts