Archery Talk Forum banner

The Reezen 6.5

362 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  ShootToKill10
I finally decided on the Reezen 6.5 over the AM and the Admiral. This is why. Took the bow right off the shelf, nothing on the bow, not even a rest. Picked 6 carbon arrows, have no idea of weight. I picked a release, tru fire junior I think. I have small hands so it actually fit pretty good. First group at ten yards fit inside a half dollar. No sight, no stabilizer, no peep, no rest, straight off the shelf. Amazing. No recoil, no vibration, no noise, no buzzing. Maybe all of my longbow shooting helped. Instinctive archery with a compound, lol. I had a DXT and I didn't feel at all comfortable with it. This bow is a real keeper. It blows away everything I thought a single cam speed bow with 6.5 brace height would be like. Amazing.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will

Oh I definetly will dress it up, thats the fun part. Probably will cost more than the bow. But I would like to keep it a simple as I can. Single pin sight, Short stabilizer, and a simple rest. A prong rest or a Whisker B. Any recommendations.

· Registered
2,434 Posts
Congrats on the new bow

I to have a new Reezen 6.5, I love it too. You said that you would like to have a simple set up and maybe go,w/ a whisker bisquit rest. I have a QAD ultra pro rest and it works great. Some times you can find all you need on here on AT. I used to have an HHA sight but recently switched to the new Sword Centurian might want to check that sight out also bought it on here from (I believe this is right) ScottiePA. It is alot like the HHA just built like a tank. Hope this helps if you have any questions or comments pm me. Good Luck!!

· Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
off the rack

They didn't care, they were happy to see the group I got without a rest. They did have a piece of duct tape on the shelf so I wouldn't damage the bow in any way. Like I said I literally picked the bow with my draw (27) and the weight I wanted (70). I cannot explain what a pleasure it was to draw 70lbs. My DXT was smooth but the Reezen is butter. Again this is coming from someone used to shooting Howard Hill longbows. And to be honest the real reason I bought the bow is that I wanted to reach out and touch a Turkey. Very hard to do, even harder still with a longbow. No way getting a bird that close unless I use a blind which I don't want to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.