Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine broke off near the peep sight so I re-attached it even though it is a tad bit shorter.
Bow still shoots right on the money but I need to ask.
Did I do a bad thing?
Maybe I altered it enough to cause a risk say to my eye if it popped off?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
CityBoy2 said:
Mine broke off near the peep sight so I re-attached it even though it is a tad bit shorter.
Bow still shoots right on the money but I need to ask.
Did I do a bad thing?
Maybe I altered it enough to cause a risk say to my eye if it popped off?
This happens all the time... Some set ups have a clip that connects it to the string/cable as well as to the peep. I just use the one on the peep and literally tie it to the string/cable. That way if it comes off anywhere it is at the peep. Always leave a little extra so you are not stretching the tube to much. These dry and break, you can usally reattach, but always carry extra, just in case....

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I think I will ad one to my backpack because Im sure it wont break when at home shooting in basement. It will break in a tree stand.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Lancaster Archery stocks peep tubing made from a silicon base that out lasts the standard rubber by far. It doesn't crack, split, or dry rot.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Just a thought....

but...with all the great string materials available nowadays, the need for rubber tubing has all but been eliminated. With a well made string you could lose the peep tubing and not have to worry about it... ;)

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My strings are only one season old, but I practice quite a bit.
They look ok so I guess it will be a while before I need to replace them.
Maybe then I can loose the peep tube.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
You may not even need it at all with the string you have.

Have you tried shooting without the rubber and seeing if your peep actually turns?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts