Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me what to expect with the full moon on Nov. 5th in regards to the prerut, rut and post rut. I know there is alot to this moon thing when it comes to the rut, but I don't remember much about it. And also does it play a part in your hunting tactics. Thanks

·
Registered
555 Posts
I don't know much about Nov 5 because our rut does not show up until mid to late January. I can tell you that I have most of my luck on major travel corridors. Last year I harvested 3 bucks on one central hub seeking does.:wink:

·
Registered
6,180 Posts
After 4 years of paying attention.....

I think the timing of the full moon has squat to do with the timing of the rut.

After 22 years of hunting.......I think that weather and hunting pressure are the most significant factors in DAYLIGHT rut INTENSITY.........followed closely by a strong correllation between a rising moon and deer activity.

Honestly, all things affect deer movement in some way, but I plan on hunting hard on any cool days from about the 28th of Oct til the 20th of Nov., especially if there is a cold front(falling barometer) or a rising moon........I just find they help things a bit, but are not primary indicators.

60 years of recorded data says the AVERAGE breeding date for deer is Nov 15th up here in the North........which tells me that I should be in the woods as much as possible from the 5th to the 20th.

Not enough space to expound in a forum..........so there is the short version.

·
Registered
416 Posts
If you want to see some scientific data on this subject there is a good article in this months deer and deer hunting magazine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts