Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious! I live in the Southern part of Ohio. The peak of the Rut normally comes in around Nov 10th. Everyone seems to think that the Rut is the best time to be on stand, but in my past experience I seem to see more buck activity a week or two before the peak. Just wondering if you other hunters have experienced this in your hunting region.

Rob

·
Registered
89 Posts
i also live in southern ohio(southwestern to be exact)
my experience has been nov 3-7 is really hot and the 10-13 really exciting as well.
I generally start to see aggressive buck movement beginning around oct 27-28
last year the activity seemed to be hottest nov 4-9

my best deer have come on oct 29, oct31, no\v 3, nov 11, and nov 13

i believe it was the year 1996 which was by the best year i ever had even though i didnt harvest a buck. I saw 3-4 p&y bucks on the morning of nov 1(friday) and1 that evening. the following sat nov 9 i saw an awesome 12 pt and that mon. and tues, nov 11 & 12 I saw an awesome non typical on mon and awesome 13 tyupical on tues. both bucks were once in a lifetime.]

i've seen nice deer since then but nothing like that year

its amazing how you never forget dates or details of the most exciting hunst. i guess its becuase they run thru your mind ever fall and certianly the reason you spend so much time in your stand during pre-rut to rut time
hope this helps

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pre-Rut

The pre-rut is a very exciting time for myself and many other hunters down here in Geogia. I would have to agree that I see very active buck movement in late October and early November. Finding those scrapes and rubs and waiting to see that big buck is a fun time.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I would think here in central MN it would be close to November 10. I hunt a lot from mid October to mid November. Then I slow a bit cuz I can't take the cold as well anymore.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I hope the best time to be in central Illinios is Nov.2-7.I mean I reeeaally hope this is a good time to be there.:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts