Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) I have heard many different thoughts on what exactly is involved in the aiming process. It seems each archer has his or her own formula for aiming. The most common theory on aiming that I hear over and over is to hide the x or the spot with your pin. My question is how do you focus on that spot when you can't see it? Doesn't that start a habit of focusing on your pin, if that is all you are viewing. It seems that most pro archers tend to hide the x or spot they are aiming at. What about the theory of having total eye focus on that spot. In other words hold the pin a little lower to open up the spot for focus. I know everybody has their own system that works for them and I do too. I wonder if their is something better out there ???????

·
74,535 Posts
NFAA

I just try to make sure I have white on all sides of dot. Dont watch dot at all. KInd of try to make white circle. Seems to work for me.

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
I'm trying to line up the circles. The pin covering the spot makes a circle. Doesn't matter if it's a pin or a ring.
Shooting 3D's is different since there isn't a spot to aim at. I imagine a spot where I want to aim and aim at it. Unless there's a color difference like a shadow then I'll aim at it. If it's where I want to aim.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts