Archery Talk Forum banner

The 'Scrawny Guy' Has Gone Freestyle!

668 Views 14 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  south-paaw
Yep, my good buddy Mike...the one Sticky and Hornet got pictures of rescuing my tree shot arrow...who I have shot with for @ 20 years...who has shot nothing but straight BOWHUNTER forever :eek: ....has switched to Freestyle!!!

If this isn't a sign the world is ending...or that place below is truly freezing over...I don't know what is!!! :rolleyes:

Now all I gotta do is get him set-up on a computer...with internet access...and a AT name...and his transformation to the 'dark side' will be complete. :wink:
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
8,684 Posts
Yep, my good buddy Mike...the one Sticky and Hornet got pictures of rescuing my tree shot arrow...who I have shot with for @ 20 years...who has shot nothing but straight BOWHUNTER forever :eek: ....has switched to Freestyle!!!

If this isn't a sign the world is ending...or that place below is truly freezing over...I don't know what is!!! :rolleyes:

Now all I gotta do is get him set-up on a computer...with internet access...and a AT name...and his transformation to the 'dark side' will be complete. :wink:

I wonder how many times he will forget to set the sight for the new distance??? :):):):)

· Administrator
65,646 Posts
No, not kidding. :cry: He called me a few weeks ago as I was traveling...told me he was shooting a scope...AND using a release!!! :eek: I just had to look at my phone to verify who I was talking too. :rolleyes:
Say it ain't so! :mg: :fear: :chortle:

Good on him.. Does he still carry that screwdriver? :thumb: :ROFLMAO: :wink:

· Registered
34,533 Posts
No, not kidding. :cry: He called me a few weeks ago as I was traveling...told me he was shooting a scope...AND using a release!!! :eek: I just had to look at my phone to verify who I was talking too. :rolleyes:
:chortle: That just means that he was tired of loosing to you :doh:

· Registered
1,825 Posts

Now that he is making the change he will be carring different tools. I mean that his load will definitly lighten. What I am trying to say is he no longer needs to carry the chainsaw, Ax, hammers and chisels in order to get his arrows out of the hard stuff.:confused:

· Administrator
65,646 Posts
Now that he is making the change he will be carring different tools. I mean that his load will definitly lighten. What I am trying to say is he no longer needs to carry the chainsaw, Ax, hammers and chisels in order to get his arrows out of the hard stuff.:confused:
Umm.. it wasn't his errant ones that worry me... .it was mine and Jerry's... :embara: :ROFLMAO: :zip: :wink:

· Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I hope so. I'm sure somebody besides ME might need it. :rolleyes:

:chortle: That just means that he was tired of loosing to you :doh:
Heck, he was beating me WITHOUT the scope! Now...I ain't got a chance. :cry:

Maybe it is time that you guys begin carring the Chainsaws, axes and other stuff needed to retrieve your arrrows.......
Now there's an idea. Although...I don't think a chainsaw will fit in my quiver. :wink:

· Registered
1,825 Posts
We had a great day today. About 20 shooters if my math is correct. The scrawny guy shot in the high teens. Not bad for a old EX finger dog that has just started shooting with all the bells and whistles. NOW what happened to all you NO SHOWS???

· Administrator
65,646 Posts
We had a great day today. About 20 shooters if my math is correct. The scrawny guy shot in the high teens. Not bad for a old EX finger dog that has just started shooting with all the bells and whistles. NOW what happened to all you NO SHOWS???
Posted on the other thread.. :embara: :lol:

High teens, eh? This scrawny guy sounds like serious competition now! :fear: :bolt:

· Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Wow, that is great! I talked to him the other day and he told me how he was shooting during practice. That's pretty impressive for the first time out :tongue: ...and at Harford! :eek: Not an easy course.

Told you...no more Field for me this year. Besides...I haven't picked up my target bow in months! Soooo, the wife and I went for a nice ride yesterday.

Posted on the other thread.. :embara: :lol:

High teens, eh? This scrawny guy sounds like serious competition now! :fear: :bolt:
Well, I think 'the scrawny guy', you, me, Hornet and Nino will have to meet for a little 'smackdown' sometime again next year. Maybe at SMA again. If Rattleman can behave himself...he can participate too. :wink:

Looks like I got no choice but to join the 'clickety-click crowd' now. :rolleyes:

· Registered
2,359 Posts
Wow, that is great! I talked to him the other day and he told me how he was shooting during practice. That's pretty impressive for the first time out :tongue: ...and at Harford! :eek: Not an easy course.

Told you...no more Field for me this year. Besides...I haven't picked up my target bow in months! Soooo, the wife and I went for a nice ride yesterday.

Well, I think 'the scrawny guy', you, me, Hornet and Nino will have to meet for a little 'smackdown' sometime again next year. Maybe at SMA again. If Rattleman can behave himself...he can participate too. :wink:

Looks like I got no choice but to join the 'clickety-click crowd' now. :rolleyes:
OHHHHHH NO YOU DON'T ! HANG IN THERE... WE ARE A SMALL CROWD ...

BUT AN INSPIRED CROWD TO PERSEVERE..... STAY THE COURSE.....

HEHEHEHEH

:tongue:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.