Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Pentax Optio W60 to take fish pictures when I go fly fishing as it is waterproof and has some great features. I practice catch and release, so I need proof and memories of those fish that got suckered. :D

It has a video mode that can go 30 frames per sec and 15 fps in HD too. I never bought the camera for doing video, but I was practicing shooting my bow at my normal 60 yards and thought I would teach myself how to use the video mode. I was very surprised at the quality! I am going to use this to monitor my shot and my fly casting in order to get better.

Anyways...

How's my shot? :D Thought I would be the first here to start the fad. :D

·
Trollinus Maximus.
33,461 Posts
you forgot to smile :D

·
Registered
779 Posts
You don't look like no Swami! But hey, form looks good.
Your really going to like the Pentax Optio W series camera. I am or was (moving to Kansas in July after the Hex hatch) a fly fishing guide in Northern Michigan. It is a great choice for the outdoors or sportsman or woman.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hmmmm

That bow arm looks past parallel.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
I've never been able to shoot...

With that straight of a bow arm, but some shoot very well with a locked elbow. If it works for the Swami, it looks good to me.

I think you should have done a quick dance and a hello my baby..hello my honey..hello my ragtime gal. all before you pressed stop.:p

·
Premium Member
17,587 Posts
I think you need to weed and till the garden and I hope your arrows were Easton to match your hat. :D
You form looks good to me and if it works for you...... :thumbs_up

And to the point of the thread :D ...........the camera video certainly is impressive! :thumbs_up

·
Registered
11,969 Posts
So THAT"S how back tension works...:wink:
That is a purty straight bow arm alright. Seems to work good for Swami.
If this does get to be a fad, the next one's will showcase them sponsor shirts like you see at the ASA/IBO.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Nice form!!! Camera works great and very clear!!!! By the way where do you flyfish and for what type of fish??? All I can flyfish around here is mostly lakes and ponds for warm water species but I enjoy it ALMOST as much as archery.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
So, you shoot a hyperextended bowarm? Any pain in the elbow? I know mine would fall apart after the session...

·
aka "5 Spot"
9,756 Posts
Somebody LIED to me - you're way too tall to be OBT's brother. :tongue:

·
Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
Looks good. I thought that you said the wind blew there all the time?

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
great quality video!! That bow arm elbow has got to hurt.:mg: If it feels good...Form looks great to me.

·
Registered
14,613 Posts
FAKE

you've never shot that fast!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Impressive ! Form looks good too.

I really need a new camera and the waterproof feature is a great bonus. I'm surprised my camera has made it 8 years without being ruined by rain/snow.

I won't ask about the bow arm cuz my elbow don't do that. :eek:

·
Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
Hey Salami.....it's gonna be mid 80's in Redding, you better get some sun screen.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Believe me when I say my bow arm is not locked. It can go more. :) There is no pain and it doesn't feel that straight or hyper-extended to me. I am always amazed to see what my bow arm looks like in a picture of my form. This form is fairly recent. I have used it in the last 2 years. If you watch it in slo mo, you will see the front end explode as well as the back end. The arm straightens out more and goes forward at the shot. I have shot a bend in my arm when my draw was too long in the past, I couldn't straighten my bow arm out. There was no resistance to the bow, the draw was too long. There was nowhere for my arm to go. There was no dynamic tension between the front and back end if I straightened out then.

My bow arm is relaxed and very steady. Feels very good. I am not the only pro that shoots this way. You should see Forest Carter's bowarm. :D

Hood, I have always shot this fast except for a brief period this winter when I was playing with a slower release setting. :)

RX, I am shooting A/C/E arrows. :D

Midget, I don't smile when I shoot. I am focused on execution, not smiling. Look at my avatar's expression. It matches. :D

The wind has been blowing. We had a nice day on Sunday.

I hope you all know I wasn't really asking how my shot looked. :D :D I just wanted to gush about my camera and posting my first vid on YouTube. :D

I live in the Flyfishing heaven, also called Idaho. :D I mostly fish for wild trout, Rainbows, Browns, Bulls, Cutthroats and Whitefish.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Impressive ! Form looks good too.

I really need a new camera and the waterproof feature is a great bonus. I'm surprised my camera has made it 8 years without being ruined by rain/snow.

I won't ask about the bow arm cuz my elbow don't do that. :eek:
Amazon is selling the Pentax Optio W60 for just over $200 bucks. That is where I got mine. Everywhere else was about 40 or more in cost.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you're way too tall to be OBT's brother.
Also too young and skinny, among several hundred other things. :D :p He's just an OLD friend. :D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts