Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
aka former "treeslayer"
7,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a Hoyt Vulcan for almost a year now and I recently purchased a Hoyt Vectrix XL.
Both are 29" bows.
The Vulcan has Bucknasty 452X strings and cables.
The Vectrix XL has Winners Choice 8125 strings and cables to my knowledge(according to bow seller).

Both bows set at 70 lbs with string loop, kisser, peep, and string silencers(the vectrix XL has catwhiskers, the Vulcan has string leeches which dropped me 2fps from when I had catwhiskers on it)

70lbs, 29" draw cams, which measured draw length is 29.5 with grip removed on both bows.
434 grain arrow: fletched with blazers
Vulcan--280 fps
Vectrix XL-277 fps

The Vulcan seems a little slow and the vectrix XL seems a little fast.
I also tested another arrow, fletched with 4" AAE and it was 3fps slower on both bows, so evidently the difference between blazers and 4" fletch is 3 fps on my bows.

Anybody with either of these Hoyts and similiar arrow weights please post up your speeds.

·
Banned
7,286 Posts
Hmmm...that is interesting.

Maybe the combination of 8125 and the setup made the Vectrix faster? :noidea:

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I am getting similar speeds as your Vulcan from my Vectrix at 28.5 ls 65# and 380 gr arrow. My strings are Wolfden strings 452x on the cables and 8125 on the string. I have a peep and D-loop but I have no silencers on it.

·
aka former "treeslayer"
7,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That doesn't surprise me with an arrow 54 grains lighter,I had wolfden strings on mine but they gave me nothing but problems. Lasted less than 2 months.
The string leeches come in at almost 60 grains, I removed those and reset the timing and will try it again when I get a chance.

·
aka former "treeslayer"
7,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a Vectrix XL with Bucknasty 452X string/cables ands its shooting about 10 fps faster than it should be.:):wink:
Lets hear it.....what speeds and what weights?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts