Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
24,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The spring is always full of threads featuring packs and stands, with debates ranging from the lightest and most comfortable stands to the easiest to set-up and pack. I believe I fall into the majority when I claim to be a minimalist, but still feel like a Sherpa when I leave the camp/truck. Without fail, there is a purge or two during the season, replacing my thermacell with boot insulators and such, but it never really seems to be as light as I hope. Yes, yes, we will hear from the few who pack a buck knife, some water purification pills and hike off into the great wide open, but I do believe a majority of us; especially those limited to public lands were there are requirements to haul your gear in and with each hunt.

I have prepared the video below to highlight my latest venture...I can't believe it took me 27+ years to give something like this a try. Disclaimers: my son filmed, I didn't edit, I just finished laying a concrete patio with my neighbor, hopefully that sheds some light onto the constant references to "square feet" instead of "cubic inches", its longer than anticipated.

I attached the stand quickly using only the top straps...that's really all that is needed. If you have the pack stuffed with sensitive gear (cameras, lenses, etc..), you can use the side straps instead and then there is even less pressure on the pack contents.

I referenced videos about packing my Summit and my Millenium and have included them below.

Summit
Disclaimers: my son filmed, I didn't edit

M60u
Disclaimers: my daughter filmed, I didn't edit, it was made for a specific member of AT, references to the M7 are off as the M7 doesn't have the bar under the seat, that's why I mentioned lengthening the strap to assist with a very similar pack.

Hope this helps a little.

Joe

·
Huntoholic
1,719 Posts
Thanks for posting, about to grab my M7 and LW sticks and see what happens.

·
24,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some asked and yes I tried a couple of all other packs but I felt as though the Pintler offered most of what I as looking for...the Pop-up 18 and 28 gave me some issues, packs themselves were fine. If money were no option I'd likely settle on the Kifaru Stryker with their ultralite frame...Stryker is a perfect sized pack with a lot of adjustable features that lend itself to being super user friendly...except to your wallet. I was very nice, but I just couldn't justify that cost.

Joe

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Is it ok to have a black pack :set1_rolf2::set1_rolf2::set1_rolf2::set1_rolf2::set1_rolf2::set1_rolf2::set1_rolf2:

·
24,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it ok to have a black pack :set1_rolf2::set1_rolf2::set1_rolf2::set1_rolf2::set1_rolf2::set1_rolf2::set1_rolf2:

well that depends....
east or west of the MS?
might get spotted from the overlook highway overlook 300 yards away
:wink::wink::wink:

hope all is well out there!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts