Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When do you enter the woods to bow hunt in the morning ,before light or shortly after. Do ya think it makes a differents. For me i have tried both and have found out that just after light seem to be a better time. I dont kick deer out of my area and i can walk to my stand alot smoother. and have been more productive on stand. Good luck this season ! Crazy Wolf.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
While this may be better located in the hunting section... Here are my thoughts.

It depends..

Why do I say that? Well, deer have rounds, habits, and they tend to be in certain places at certain times.. at least this is what I see. Also year to year it changes! At least in my woods it seems to. IT also depends upon hunting pressure..

Certain woods, not hunted much, it does not matter.. In mine, I had better be there at daylight or before... as they come into the area and hang there until about 8 to 8:30am as they come form the fields into their bedding.. Does come through on and off, but the bucks come through early and late I have found, in my woods..

I would recommend you check the timing of yours..

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I go to my stand at least 1 hour before daylight. That way, I can take my time, get in my bind and get settled.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I like to be in my stand 30 minute before first light.Less chance spooking game on the walk in.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I want to be settled in my stand atleast 1 hour before legal shooting time. The reason you are not spooking the deer when you wait for daylight is simply because most deer are already in the process of moving back to their bedding areas and in fact have already passed many of your stands right at dawn. I go early and stay late for the best hunting. Good luck to ya this fall.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I'm in my stand 15 to 20minutes before day light.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I try my best to be in my stand at least a 1/2 hour before legal shooting time. On ocasion I have been late a few times and the funny thing is I always seem to see deer those mornings. I don't know if it means anything or not. Always makes me wonder if I should start getting there a little later. I suppose every morning is different!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
1/2 hour to 1 hour before legal shoot time. I like to wake up with the woods. Don't you just love hearing the deer crunching around in the leaves and you can't see em? At least I think they are deer?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts