Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Keep on keepin' on...
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Archery enthusiasts,

I came across a unique product at the ATA show this past January that sparked my interest immensely, going so far as to picking up a few for testing purposes. Last year, I made the switch to a Saunders Hyperglide on my '12 Lethal Force, and definitely noticed a difference, but after almost two months and a couple hundred shots, I see no reason to ever install the Hyperglide slide again. Some general specs of the X Slide, which is manufactured and invented by William Dahl of X Brand Archery are as follows-

-Higher Density Teflon-Infused Delrin
-.003" Tolerance on cable guard rod
-No press required for assembly
-CNC Machined Delrin roller
-Black Luster coated Plastite screws
-3/16" steel dowel pin w/ marine rated black luster coating

I have been meaning to post a long review with my findings, pictures, and all the information I have collected, however I feel that it will be more beneficial to start a continuous thread now, due to the recent interest of my fellow AT members. A short video of the 3d modeling, plus a rendered sketch can be seen on the website, xslide.net , and I would love to answer any questions about this product to the best of my knowledge.

In no way am I affiliated at the moment with the company at the moment, but I did pick up a couple at the show to be spread out and used for testing on many bow setups. I will get more into the details of my testing and will keep updating this thread as the process continues, so stay tuned as I introduce this product step-by-step!

Thanks for looking,

Anton

Backyard Bowmen/Sudden Impact Archery

·
Keep on keepin' on...
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're very welcome! Archers helping archers...

I'll post a pic later today!

·
formerly 3drcher48
5,850 Posts
Thanks for info. One question, why only one roller? Please explain. Also sent pm.

·
silent but deadly
1,195 Posts
Thanks for info. One question, why only one roller? Please explain. Also sent pm.
I was asking myself the same thing. I decided to wait for a few detailed pictures before concluding that there is indeed a single roller though.

It would be really interesting and fun to see about the ability to get these slides into a few archer's hands, and on their bows to get a few real world views and opinions.

·
Keep on keepin' on...
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In regard to the single roller design, this is what came to conclusions with-

The one roller allows for horizontal travel along the plane of the rod, and since the slide base moves freely along the cable guard rod, both cables have the ability to adjust to the least resistance independently. It is almost as if the roller and the rest of the slide are two separate systems, both with a very low friction value even with the large force given by the cables wanting to return to centershot.

Hope this helps/ clarifies your question!

·
silent but deadly
1,195 Posts
In regard to the single roller design, this is what came to conclusions with-

The one roller allows for horizontal travel along the plane of the rod, and since the slide base moves freely along the cable guard rod, both cables have the ability to adjust to the least resistance independently. It is almost as if the roller and the rest of the slide are two separate systems, both with a very low friction value even with the large force given by the cables wanting to return to centershot.

Hope this helps/ clarifies your question!
I am going to have to see one in action. I am having a little trouble visualizing the mechanics.

I am not telling you that you were not clear in your explanation. My brain is just running on empty at the moment. To say I am a bit tired is an understatement.

·
Keep on keepin' on...
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IMG_20150124_123446_496.jpg

Here's a pic of the slide for starters!!!

·
Keep on keepin' on...
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On my Lethal Force...
2015-03-11 20.20.48-1.jpg 2015-03-11 20.21.48-1.jpg 2015-03-11 20.22.16-1.jpg

·
Keep on keepin' on...
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hope the pics help my post about the independent nature of the slide. In any of the pics, if I were to grab the main housing (delrin infused Teflon) piece and slide it towards the end of the rod, the other cable, paired with the roller, will stay put.

It is a very unique concept and seems to really help reduce tension during the pull and shot cycles.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'd like to know here to get one aswell...I just purchased two hyper glides n already can feel bumps on my delta..they where smooth at first n actuilly made the draw cycle sighted and smoother

·
Keep on keepin' on...
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd like to know here to get one aswell...I just purchased two hyper glides n already can feel bumps on my delta..they where smooth at first n actuilly made the draw cycle sighted and smoother
I have a couple left that I would gladly send to anyone for the cost I purchased them at the show! Feel free to shoot me a pm if you want to try one of these out!

Thanks

·
Keep on keepin' on...
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any videos?
I haven't put any together yet, but will eventually, plus make an attempt to take a slow motion sequence at 240fps with my camera!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I know bill but i thought id share my experience with the slide anyway. Ever since hes put them on my bows ive noticed a change in the draw cycle. it definitely makes the draw smoother and actually made me feel like i was pulling back less weight. This removed a small amount of torque in my wrist that gives me a bit more stability at full draw. I shoot a 2012 pse stinger with his previous slide and a 2010 hoyt vantage elite with his new x slide. I have definitely noticed an improvement in my bow shoulder fatigue and draw cycle. I've had the new x slide for about 2 months and i am definitely enjoying it. I have like a 31.5 inch draw also and most bows i draw back give me shoulder issues, this seemed to help with that.

·
silent but deadly
1,195 Posts
It's good to know I am not alone in this. I sent Saunders an email about my concerns with the Hyper Glide. I have not heard from them yet.

I don't know why the Hyper Glide is bumpy with a slight noise, but the problem is there. I am hoping Saunders will reply with a solution, or send another slide.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts