Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are the hardcore boys, busting their humps opening weekend.

Is this some of you too?

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
Power naps...Does a body good.:wink:

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
uh..............

uh.............

there should be some AT rule about posting incriminating evidence like this?:wink:

camoham

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
You can see the inexperienced powernapper using the tree trunk for shade. Its only a matter of time 'til he's baking in the sun. Live and learn.:wink:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's right bob, we were all moving to a new spot about every half hour, Except for the one by the tree, he actually had the best spot. Those think clumps of bear grass under a coat make for the best pillows.

·
Registered
749 Posts
The tree is use as a sun dial and alarm clock. If you time it right, when the sun hits you in the face, you know its time to get up and hunt again.

·
Straight Shooter
5,652 Posts
I usually just tighten up my safety strap and take a nap in the tree during midday, especially if it was a long hike to the tree I'm in.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
lol, i have never fell asleep on stand or in the woods before. however, i intend to this year. I think it is better to take occasional naps and stay out all day as opposed to staying out till 10 in the morning, heading back in for lunch and a nap, then going back out around 3 or 4 till dark. I gotta devise a way to sleep in my crappy little walmart brand tree stand.

·
Straight Shooter
5,652 Posts
cujrh10 said:
lol, i have never fell asleep on stand or in the woods before. however, i intend to this year. I think it is better to take occasional naps and stay out all day as opposed to staying out till 10 in the morning, heading back in for lunch and a nap, then going back out around 3 or 4 till dark. I gotta devise a way to sleep in my crappy little walmart brand tree stand.
You must not have a footrest on your stand:wink: I was a disbeliever for awhile too, but until you have one, you have no idea how much more comfortable you can be in a tree.

drahthaar,

Classic pics by the way. I'm sure there's a few of me in similar positions too.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Look like me at about 9:30 on a spring turkey morning:confused:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank goodness those three(all brothers) don't ever go on a site like this. They would kick my butt, or certainly pull some gosh awful trick on me out in the woods.

The one in the middle picture is an elk killing fool. He is also the most modest guy around. He killed the bull I posted up yesterday. He always says "the sun has got to shine on a dog's @$$ every once in a while." I asked him, while standing over that bull, "Is your dog ever gonna grow a tail?"

·
Banned
11,666 Posts
That's why I hunt my blind a lot. In a Double Bull no one can hear you snoring. And the deer don't spook when you do that wake up jerk and look around.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Id rather..

Id rather power nap like that, than in a treestand!! just to spooky to wake up in a tree!!!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
In guilt of this sleeping in the field. I have missed a turkey and 2 deer because of that

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
That there "woods-nappin" is fer them young 'uns.....

I'm outta the treestand at 10:00am.....big lunch at the local restaurant 11:00am - 12:00pm......nap back in the comfy hotel bed from 12:30pm -2:30pm.....back in the tree between 3:00-3:15pm......

Ya just gotta know how to LIVE RIGHT, boys! :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Yea baby!!! That's what I'm talkin' bout! Nappin'.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
TexasGuy said:
That there "woods-nappin" is fer them young 'uns.....

I'm outta the treestand at 10:00am.....big lunch at the local restaurant 11:00am - 12:00pm......nap back in the comfy hotel bed from 12:30pm -2:30pm.....back in the tree between 3:00-3:15pm......

Ya just gotta know how to LIVE RIGHT, boys! :wink: :wink:

Deer should have you patterned real well, huh?:rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts