Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been a lot of threads on here about the woes of shoulder problems and surgery.

Two years ago when I got the TURBO NOCK invention working. I started shooting again after 40 yrs of not shooting.
After about a year of practice I was getting acceptable groups .
I could do 1 inch groups at 10yds and about 1 1/2 at 20 and usually 3 to 4 inch at 40 yds.
Last Thanksgiving I had rotater surgery. and went through the therapy. Two months ago I started shooting again with my CSS turned down to 40lbs. It was a struggle!!
I have been lifting weights three times a week on my nautilis machine and shooting about 40 shots a day.
I now have my CSS turned up all the way to 50lbs and my Merlin to 55.
The stronger the shoulder gets the tighter the groups are becoming. At ten yds I can usually shoot in the same hole.
at 20 usually 3/4 inch groups. 30yds 1inch groups.
I have not tried much past that yet.
Archery is becoming fun again!!!

This is a group I shot at 30 yds with the new HTX prototypes that fit acc -Gnock bushings

Attachments

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
The only thing bad about Turbo Nocks is that I can not shoot 2 arrows at the same spot. Everytime I do, I bust them. I am now down to 3 out of 1 dz. Today I shot 2 arrows at 40 yards and I hit one Turbo nock into the other and smashed them both :( One of the blades on the Turbo hit the other and busted them both off. I though I was safe at 40 yards, guess not.

LeEarl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts