Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that they list it as odor free, was just wondering if anybody has used it deer hunting. I hunted Sat evening and did not think that i got bit that much untill the following morning, now it looks like i have a bad case of the measles.( i think thats spelled right, if not sorry)

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
Heck yeah I have used one deer hunting! Can't hardly go down here without one. They work like a charm and I have noticed absolutley no adverse effects as far as deer busting me? Turkey season is another time you must have one in Florida! I will leave my gun or bow at home before my Thermacell. I just don't remember what I did before they came out with it? I guess loads of bug spray?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Thermacell

Thermacells are the greatest invention for hunters since the compound bow...I wouldn't even consider going without one during the early season.

·
Registered
909 Posts
melam said:
Thermacells are the greatest invention for hunters since the compound bow...I wouldn't even consider going without one during the early season.
I think they're much better than a compound...:ROFLMAO:
Don't leave home without it, they work like a charm!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys ...i just walked in the door with one... cant wait to use it this weekend.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
this is the best huntin invention in years

·
Registered
221 Posts
Try not to leave home without it. Will be the first thing I put in my bag tommorow when getting ready for our opener this weekend. Hunting 20 yards off a river in a muddy slew, lots of skeeters. Only spot I could find that had Muscadines. I got ate up just putting my lock on up this past weekend and I was only there 30 minutes can not imagine sitting there for hours without my Thermocell.

·
audentes fortuna iuvat
19,332 Posts
Frost in the weekend forcast. Hopefully won't need the t-cell before the opener on the 16th.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
VA. Bowbender said:
I think they're much better than a compound...:ROFLMAO:
Don't leave home without it, they work like a charm!
I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I said it once and I'll say it again.........Best $20.00 I ever spent

·
Registered
724 Posts
hmmm

glad everyone else likes it. I used one on a 7 day caribou hunt here in alaska and found it to be a complete piece of crap! Just my opinion. Didnt notice any difference in skeeters at all. Waste of my money. Good thing I still brought a good bug suit. Maybe I'll use it next year down in the lower 48, but here it stay in my huntin box at home.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
They only work if your stationary. For stand hunting they are wonderful. I have a powerful urge to hunt down the inventor and give him or her a big hug. Heck... my eyes tear up just thinking about it.:wink:
For stalking or still hunting they are pretty much useless.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
It is, IMO, the very best hunting tool that has come out!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts