Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a thermacell, and a question came up.The thermacell looks to me a little big and bulky. Where do you put it when you are walking, and where does it sit when you are in your treestand?

Thanks!

·
Registered
634 Posts
there is a belt holster pouch accessory for walking in, or you can just stick it in your pack. It's not really designed for use 'on the move', though if that's where you were going.

Also, I've read that it works best when laying FLAT, so I've got a question into them about using some rare earth magnets on the back to firmly attach to the treestand. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to screw up any internal mechanisims .

·
Registered
434 Posts
Buy the holster and strap it to the tree stand while deer hunting and to your vest while turkey hunting. With the holster you'll forget its there.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Not much good while walking, but I do like to fire mine up before I walk in so it is burning good when I get in the stand. I use the holster and clip it on my stand. I don't see where magnets would hurt anything on the Thermocell. Do a search on here and you will see that they are worth their weight in gold during the hot months.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
I use the holster and usually attach it to the footrest of my stand. When I'm walking I have my Bug Tamer on, while waiting for my Thermacell to heat up.

·
Registered
101 Posts
A bulk pack of refills at the local Wally World around here runs about $22. Thats enough pads and butane to last 48 hours. Trust me its worth every penny!:thumbs_up

·
Registered
332 Posts
I just set mine on the back of the foot platform, right up by where it meets the tree. I haven't kicked it off yet, but then again the name of the game is not to move. They are worth every penny you spend on one. Start it up when you leave your vehicle, beacuse it takes a little time to warm up and start working.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I can't believe there are still guys hunting without using a thermacell. Down south here, I don't go to the woods without it.

I put mine on the floor of the stand or in a chest pocket facing outwards when deer hunting. For turkeys I put it on the ground or in my vest facing out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts