Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqDNh9CEtCA Well I finally got to break out the ATN Thor Thermal xbow scope. I got a great year end deal of $1550 with a cash back rebate of $200 I have not seen to many if any xbow kills with this brand and model of Thermal scope.
This is a entry level thermal, it has a 1.5 optical and goes out to a 5x digital zoom. In the video that is 2x. While in optical its very crisp and sharp. But when you amp it up it get a bit grainy and not sharp. If you want a higher optical zoom then keep adding thousands $$$ more. I would say for bowhunting this scope is for 30 yards and under in pitch black.
There are 10 different pallet colors one can choose. I like the green with red xhair. Like most thermals you have to reboot every hour or so. I had to buy a butler lens cap. Which helps with the reboot. Whats sweet is it takes its own video and sound on a micro SD card. Battery life is good, I ended up rigging up a external pack on the cheap. This scope works really nice for daytime also . Sighting in literally takes 2 arrow shots. Also another cool feature is it will remember my 390 solution or your Ravin r15, or my 30.06. with the press of the button.
Regarding the kill, with these hogs I dont wait. I get on it and let it rip. They came in twice and bolted. If you look really close you will see the arrow and firenock come out the opposite side and fly about 8 yards to the ground

Many Thanks to Jeff aka Donk22 for his help and hoggin expertise. 20180104_172337.jpg

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Nice it almost looks like you could have reloaded and got a second one .

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
That hog looked like a hippo in the video. :)
You should have shot a baby porker when they started feeding again.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
20180104_184348.jpg guys how do I get this pic corrected via archery Talk system

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank u sir.. did u do that via archery talk

·
Registered
21,691 Posts
Cool scope and a great shot congrats.

When i take a pic with my phone or ipad, I crop it if needed but anyway i rotate it then save then rotate until its up right then i post. If i forget to rotate it twice it will be sideways.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Was in the blind with bowman tonight. Was a pleasure buddy! Yeah we coulda smacked a piglet for sure. Had to walk up and shoo 'em off the feeder! This area is strategically managed for slam dunk hog hunts! The honey hole.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will tell you guys another thing. The hide on that hog was not normal. Both Jeff and I are going to try and test plow a chinadermic 125 through the hide doubled up just for the heck of it.. When I was slicing off a huge piece of the hide it hit me how thick these animals are. And I am not talking about the plate shield.

This will make the Scorpyd Fan boys happy, but if I were to go after a wild hog over lets say 200 pounds, It would be with the heaviest hitting Scorpyd out there. These hogs are unreal.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AP2020, Good luck

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Awesome video Bowman and congratulations ! I smell bacon ! LOL :hungry:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts