Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i was out tuesday night, and took some video..i have been watching these bucks...waiting for them to drop their antlers so that i can go out looking for them...as of monday 3/16/2009 the 2 bucks i always see still had their antlers! here is a pic from the video i shot of them. i am thinking of making an antler trap...i have heard mixed views of their effectiveness...what do you all think? i have NEVER found an antler shed...and i have been hunting deer for 15yrs.

i have some chicken wire...and i planed to make a v shape and put corn in the center of the V to get the bucks to get antlers in wire...i don't want to spend a lot...i basically just wanna buy the corn...and that is it.

ps...the image is not the clearest...but it is a very large 8pt...you can see the prongs on the antlers are as long as the deer's neck. again..this is a paused video...and took a pic with my camera phone of the video on my tv...but you get the idea

· Registered
6 Posts
I saw a buck just last week and was thinking why does he still have the rack. Never heard of a trap like you mentioned how does it work?

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the antler traps look like this...but i didn't make one...didn't have the time before they dropped their sheds. this is what the antler traps look like though

i have been out looking for sheds quite a bit...and i have only found one...and i found it probably right after it dropped...there was hair arond the base rim of the shed...and there was a red piece of skin on the bottom of the base...so nothing had time to get to the skin to eat it ie (bugs). here is my first antler shed ever found...and it is not the deer in the pic :( i cannot find his sheds for some reason! i could not find any other sheds...and i searched and searched

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.