Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This time my other lease some other scum stole a 15ft tower stand on a pipeline that we use for the kids to rifle hunt out off. The apperantly lost control trying to lower it and it fell and the plywood box broke apart. They threw the swivel computer chair in the middle of the pipeline and left it .

The box was ruined so the just took the metal frame. So here we are too close to the season to build another and basically being tapped out financially to build another. Last year out the same stand someone stole a set of Nikon binocs, thermocell and a small heater. Im sure it was the same people.

I hope the frame collapses and they break thier neck. Will serve them right.

·
Super Moderator
22,689 Posts
I am sorry to hear that and I wish you the wish. I'd help you guys out but my financial situation isn't the greatest right now. Good luck to you guys. With the good things you are doing, I am sure you will be blessed in some way or another. Take care and keep up the good work!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bea, it will work out in the end. My dad always said bad things will happen to bad people. If they dont get it in this time im sure they will get it in the next life.

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
I hope the frame collapses and they break thier neck. Will serve them right.
Then they would sue you, if you are in a blue state they might win:confused:

We caught some guys once trying steal one of ours. It was great fun, LOL

·
Registered
184 Posts
Man, I am really sorry to hear that. My son lost a Mathews Q2 XL all rigged with quiver, sight, rest...along with a gps, digital camera and binocs during a break in this summer, just when he had it all ironed out for hunting season. It would be nice to see the SOB's get what they have coming once in a while.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jose Boudreaux said:
escapees from the pineville hospital

Central State Hospital.. man why is Pineville is only known for all the nut houses we have lol. Why cant we be remembered as the city that hooked the sewage line to the water line then tried to tell everyone it was just sedament they were seeing in their water?:pukey:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry about your loss. I know the feeling, I have been there. I am thinking about buying a no flash trail cams for the express purpose of taking pictures of the thieves stealing my stuff. How quite are these trail cams?

·
Banned
333 Posts
Stealthman said:
I too,have had my huntin gear "Vanish" tree stands and a game camera........makes a guy want to put the hurt on somebody eh?:wink:
that is an under statement !!:sad:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had one ripped-off and my hunting Buddie had one riped-off oping day.
You can recover, Don't let this get you down, It will make a great story the stand you built with 2x4's was the one you shot your biggest buck out of.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry about your loss. I know the feeling, I have been there. I am thinking about buying a no flash trail cams for the express purpose of taking pictures of the thieves stealing my stuff. How quite are these trail cams?

·
Super Moderator
22,689 Posts
timgeorge said:
The Cuddeback No Flash is extremely silent. However, the LED's on the front of the trail camera do light up red when the camera takes a picture. So it isn't actually "undetectable." The reason deer don't notice it is because, obviously, they are color blind. My buddy just got one that he uses on game lands around his house. He was screwing around with it while camping and noticed the LED's do light up. I, on the other hand, have a Leaf River DC-2BU. I hunt on 1200 acres of private land so I don't need to worry about someone stealing it after they see the flash. Although we do have our share of trespassers... If someone is that ignorant to walk a half mile into the hardwoods on private land in the pitch dark and find my camera, they can have it! Good luck!

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Somebody needs to build a big snare the kind where you step in a loop and the next thing you know you are dangling from a tree hanging by your leg. Let the deputy sherrif cut him down before or after he puts on the cuffs.
Dave Nowlin

·
Super Moderator
22,689 Posts
timgeorge said:
Maybe one could tape over the LEDs with a black electrical tape or wrap the camera in camo cloth of sorts
The LED's have to be uncovered to allow the picture to be taken and for the night pictures to be shown under "infrared." They can't be covered otherwise you're pictures will be BLACK. :confused:

·
registered archer
3,253 Posts
you got me worried now thats rediculous

1 - 20 of 20 Posts