Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have always shot a dual caliper release, but others have started to intrigue me. I guess i am asking what the benefits and down sides to other styles of releases are, and what would benefit me the most. I mostly hunt but shoot a little 3-d and target. I do notice that i tend to twist my arm a little at times and it twists my d-loop a little. thank you for all insight...

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I may be confused about the type of release your referring to but I switched to a hook style release (Scott Rhino XT) this year and I'll never go back. It is much easier to get the loop loaded and I don't need to look at the loop to load it. In a hunting situation I'll take the least amount of motion possible.

-Chuck

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
those were what i was kinda looking at. So you like it huh, my only worry was that the way i turn my wrist that the string might slip off, is that possible

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
When you have your bow drawn back with all that weight on the release I'm not sure you could contort your wrist to the angle it would take to get the loop to pop off. I was worried about the same thing and I have had no problem at all so far. Twisting your hand a slight bit isn't going to pop it off you would physically have to turn your hand at your wrist away from your face a good amout. The hook really is deeper than it looks. Hope this helps.

-Chuck

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I don't understand your post? Are you shooting good or bad with what you have now? By changing to a hook isn't by any mean going to help your shooting. I shoot both and don't see any difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts