Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I'm searching for input on arrow strength, straightness, grains per inch, weight forward, quality / forgiveness, and a good mix between speed and kenetic energy.

Curently I'm shooting a bowtech captain at about 67# and 28.5 DL. My I'm shooting axis nano's cut at 29" with a 100gr. tip. Through the chrono I'm getting about 292 or so.

I absolutely love how thin those arrows are and hate how expensive they are..

This year I'm switching to the PSE axe 6. I'll be shooting 70+ # draw weight and 28.5" DL.

I'm searching for an arrow built well enough that there will be no accuracy deficiency due to the straightness of the arrow (or at least not much in comparison to the other arrows on the market).

At the speeds I'm getting with my captain and the speed increase I know I'll be getting with the axe 6, I know there is already pleanty of killing power behind the arrow.

SO...

I think it would be more beneficial to shoot a faster arrow and I could perhaps make up for some of the weight by using a 125gr tip. I'm not up too much on weight forward but am under the impression that the more weight you have in front of your arrow, the quicker it stabilizes?

What arrow would you suggest that is as thin as the axis nano's but lighter in weight that is still a quality arrow?

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
You might want to check out the Victory Nano Force arrows. They are thinner and lighter but have a pretty thick wall then the Axis'. With my 500's and a 100 grain tip I accidentally shot into the 2X6 treated framework of a field target and could not believe the penetration. The arrow penetrated completely with about 6 inches out the other side with no damage to the end of the shaft. I am going to hunt with them and have bought the outserts to use a broadhead with.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trophy Ridge Arrows

Anyone heard much about the Trophy ridge "blast" arrows? Especially feedback from those who have shot / used them..

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I would look at some forge arrows. You wont find to much info on them here but are a good arrow. They are tappered toward the front to make a natural weight forward just in the arrow. This isnt a Carbon Express weight forward, but a real when you can have as much as 2 grains forward compared to a different inch of the shaft. They have strong impact resistance, and will take slaps from other arrows also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts