Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I need to replace some cord on a drop away, the cord that came off of it, is like d loop cord only much thinner, roughly just under or about 1/16” diameter…… any clue what exactly it’s called and where can it be bought??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Elite Gt500, Elite Envy, Reign 6
2,477 Posts
I use just regular dloop material. Doesn't need to be what came with the rest.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Like Randy said, any D-loop cord will work. I’ve always just used BCY 24 on QADs because I always have a lot of it on hand in a variety of colors. But if you want something thinner than that, BCY 23 or BCY D braid would work.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey all, I need to replace some cord on a drop away, the cord that came off of it, is like d loop cord only much thinner, roughly just under or about 1/16” diameter…… any clue what exactly it’s called and where can it be bought??

Any d loop cord will do, braided on nonbraided, you don’t need the strength of a d loop for a drop away cord. I used a 1.6mm Loop rope #23 braided spectra. I use it because that’s what I got.

·
Come on October!!!!
3,082 Posts
Been using d-Braid & #23 for a few 5-6 years now and won't go back to #24 which looks like anchor line.

·
Registered
11,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately , it feeds through the launcher, regular cord won’t fit through it, and there’s no way to make it work

·
Registered
Elite Gt500, Elite Envy, Reign 6
2,477 Posts
Unfortunately , it feeds through the launcher, regular cord won’t fit through it, and there’s no way to make it work

What drop away rest is it?

·
Back Yard Champion
30,470 Posts
What drop away rest is it?
Same question as Postal Randy23. I've used BCT #24 on every drop rest I've worked on.........BCY #23 comes in 2nd place........Even my Hamskea Hybrid Target Pro has #24.

·
Come on October!!!!
3,082 Posts
Is the D braid made of spectra or typical materials? The spectra is very durable and stretches less.
I get them confused, #23 is stiffer and burns better when you fray the end, Spectra. D braid is more pliable but you just burn the cut end, don't fray it up no call out of material. I've been leaning on the D braid last few years. The smaller diameter works better with my tied in nock sets. I use either on my limb driver rests, just pre-stretch if you can.....

·
Registered
2,760 Posts

Check out Gibbs Archery 1.8 mm Super Flex. It's smaller than standard diameter D-loop material. Available at Lancaster (I think) and other sellers online.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I get them confused, #23 is stiffer and burns better when you fray the end, Spectra. D braid is more pliable but you just burn the cut end, don't fray it up no call out of material. I've been leaning on the D braid last few years. The smaller diameter works better with my tied in nock sets. I use either on my limb driver rests, just pre-stretch if you can.....
23 is spectra and pretty thin. The d braid is thinner? If it matters, the 23 spectra hardly stretches at all compared to the bcy 24.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
BCY D Braid is what you're looking for. #23 works great too but D Braid is easier to work with.

Reactions: gridman

·
Registered
11,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Same question as Postal Randy23. I've used BCT #24 on every drop rest I've worked on.........BCY #23 comes in 2nd place........Even my Hamskea Hybrid Target Pro has #24.
the rest is an impact archery glyder, its drilled out at the base of the launcher and feeds through it........I'll give the #23 a try, that might do it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts