Archery Talk Forum banner

things that get on my nerves

1560 Views 41 Replies 36 Participants Last post by  Hidden Danger
when your hunting buddy says its to warm to hunt,the deer wont move

when you know there are a few nice bucks in the area and your neighbors or neighboring leasies"""trailer trash""" try to strart garbage to push you off the land your hunting,
which is fine i have better places to hunt

neighbor leasies accuse you of stealing=== prove it or shut up and hunt
maybe you better buy some pad locks next time-all my stands are locked on

when your neighbor screws up your evening hunt by going to there stand hour before dark
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
2,313 Posts
when my fences get cut by some low life looking for a free hog

when I find a gut pile by a feeder

when I turn the key on my buggy only to hear clickclicklclickclcick batt dead
or hear nothing in which means it was stolen by the two at the top of post.

sitting on stand and hear a buggy comming watch it drive by less than 30 yds oblivious to you. but where they should not be because your in a still hunt area.

Ill quit here need to take my bp med.

· Registered
71 Posts
I haven't hunted the last week because it has been too warm. Nothing to do with the deer moving but more so that it is not comfortable for me. The seasons 120 some days long and the best hunting hasn't started yet. I'll wait till I can hunt comfortably.

· Registered
3,547 Posts
when your hunting buddy says its to warm to hunt,the deer wont move

I cant stand hearing this..Like the deer lay all year waiting for the cool weather..Take up golf!~
I shot my buck last year when it was 85 out!

· Registered
3,486 Posts
when a guy sees you hunting and comes over to chat at prime time because hes to bored to sit still. or hikers that see you and come over to ask if it alright if they keep going,

when you get to sneak into a spot that great only to have someone walk through it at prime time because they were to lazy to get up earlier.

people that shoot anything and everything just because they can.

people that hunt the same property you do and think that they own it and try to tell you what you can and cant do on the land(this really get my blood going, and it happend more then once.)

· Registered
4,071 Posts
when your buddy (or bro-enlaw) wont take you to any of his spots when you are trying to get into hunting but when you start having success at some of your own spots he wants to come hunt with you. UNREAL!!!!

· Registered
92 Posts
The neighbors kids ride the 4 wheelers through the land I hunt (which they're not supposed to do during the season). Also, when people ride horses through the trails. I don't mind them doing it during the non-hunting season, but come a week before opening day, I don't like it.

· Registered
4,071 Posts
when your buddy (or bro-enlaw) wont take you to any of his spots when you are trying to get into hunting but when you start having success at some of your own spots he wants to come hunt with you. UNREAL!!!!

Oh, when you get permission to hunt a spot from a hunter and kill some nice deer and give him tons of steaks, roasts, jerky, and his favorite beer (all extras, he never asked for anything), then finding out the next year that a buddy of his calls him and tells him he just doesnt have any where to hunt. I'm out, he's in. His choice to do what he did but makes me feel like a dummy for takin such good care of him.

· Archery Addict
5,688 Posts
One piece of property i hunt on last year the neighbor would ride her mountain bike up the property line and back through the woulds when i was hunting.Not sure if she was really doing this for exercise everyday or just doing it when she seen i was hunting that property!

· Registered
1,467 Posts
One piece of property i hunt on last year the neighbor would ride her mountain bike up the property line and back through the woulds when i was hunting.Not sure if she was really doing this for exercise everyday or just doing it when she seen i was hunting that property!
Maybe she had a crush on you. :eek:

· Registered
1,730 Posts
when your hunting buddies wash in scent control soap, spary thier scentloc down with scent killer, then get in the stand and smoke a cig and drink coffee all day long, but hey the do have a bag to put thier butts in when thier done smoking!!! This just kills me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.