Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well some of you were right about me putting a blind in a bean field that is surrounding by standing corn. The deer do bed in that bean field. I have been staying away from the area to keep it fresh, but with the high winds I went out there yesterday to make sure my ground blind made it and guess what there was three does, bedded not 30 yds from my ground blind. And yep they took off raising all sorts of heck. My question is do I still stand a chance at this spot, and if so how would you guys recommend getting there. There is a beanfield to the west and then my cornfield to the east, the secluded bean field is about 30 to 50 yards inside the standing corn. I know it is bad to go in the morning but I think it is even worse to go in the evening since they are bedding in there, if they even go there now since I got busted. Any ideas would be appreciate, oh ya my father-in-law who owns the land, said he seen a really nice 8pt come out of the corn from where the "bean pond" is at about 10 AM.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Ok so I'm picturing this as a bean field in the middle of a standing corn field with corn on all sides of the bean field? I guess if it had been me I would of brushed or in this case corn stalked my blind so that it's not out in the open. If you could set your blind up so that its on the inside edge of the corn field then maybe you could sneak in through the corn and slip into your blind from the back side. Or if there is access for someone to drive in with a pickup or tractor to clear the field of deer and drop you off and pick you up when your done hunting? Otherwise I can't think of any other way for you to get in and out without scaring the deer and educating them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts