Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its time for a new bow, Now I am not really brand loyal with bows because they are all good in their own ways. I am thining about getting a Hoyt Maxxis 31, can you guys give me some imput?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Everyone love the maxxis. More people prefer the 35 over the 31 because of
the longer ata. The 31 if you have a shorter DL. You really can't go wrong.
But you should also look into a turbohawk. It doesn't have all the maxxis
thread and not much talk about it but It almost the same only different on the
specs is minute and it does 1 fps slower then the maxxis but saves you $400.
just look into it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
The Maxxis is a great bow, very smooth shooting. Some say there is not enough difference between the AlphaMax line and the Maxxis line, but I have owned an AM32 and shot the Maxxis several times and imo, the Maxxis is much smoother on the draw. It really is one of those bows that you cannot go wrong with.

I do agree with above statement that the 35 is the way to go over the 31, but I prefer longer bows, I wish that had a Maxxis 38, I have would have one for sure.

·
74,535 Posts
Hoyt

AlphaMax sure is another good choice.

Could go for the high priced Matrix:eek:
DB

·
Registered
236 Posts
maxxis

I have the 35. extremley accrate vert quiet ( i have an aftermarket string stop) very vibration free.probably the best shooting bow ive ever owned as far as accuracy and vibration.

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Great bows I have a 31 and I love it, the 31 is at the lower limits of what I like in an ATA. With that being said I was at Hoyt this week and they told me Maxxis 31 is outselling the 35 by a good bit. Sounds like the short hunting bows are still the in thing.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
The 35 is the way to go. I love the Maxxis line, but if you are really "price" sensitive, the Alpha Max is SO similar and most shops are really offering some good deals on them. But, I am a Maxxis/Matrix fan. I do not like really short ata bows (ie. anything 32" or shorter I rather not have). Most of my bows have been 34" or greater with the exception of my Destroyer 350, but it shoots like a much longer ata bow due to the designe of the cams/ cam mounting.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Great bows I have a 31 and I love it, the 31 is at the lower limits of what I like in an ATA. With that being said I was at Hoyt this week and they told me Maxxis 31 is outselling the 35 by a good bit. Sounds like the short hunting bows are still the in thing.
I think it's because very few dealers are "stocking" 35's. You have to order them. My shop as at least 5 31's in stock and no 35's. I wanted a 35 and they said they would have to special order it - not. So, I may still add a 35 to my collection when I find the right deal.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hunted with the AM 32 this past Fall, and just set up a new Maxxis 31 last week. I'm a 29" draw, and while the 35 may fit others better than the 31, I'm having no issues stacking arrows with the 31. It's a great bow! :thumbs_up

·
Registered
189 Posts
I love my Maxxis 31, I have shot most of the the major brands in the last 5 years and the Maxxis 31 and the Switchback are my two favorites, JMO

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let me ask this, smoothness is a big thing for me I know I know go out and shoot it but how does it as far as being smooth and viberation free as say an Admiral, or a General? Cause if you ask me those are prolly the most viberation free bows made. I just really like the Maxxis so far from what I have seen.

·
Registered
350 Posts
maxxis

I just got a maxxis 35, and love it. It is the first Hoyt I have ever owned; I won it so not out anything besides sights and rest. I have 2 mathews monsters so I guess you can say I like the speed. I was very impressed with the speed of the maxxis. It is loud " very loud" but I only plan on using it for spots and 3D. Crazy smooth draw, and holds like a dream. 31 to tippy for me.

·
Banned
17 Posts
i know someone that had a maxxis31 and hated it.. although he says it was because his long draw length and said it handled like a bow that was MUCH shorter. he went on to state that the maxxis35 was much better. night and day, and the same with the carbon bow from hoyt. he did like the alphamax32 and 35 as well.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have had heard this about the 31, but I am useto shooting a shorter bow my DXT was 29 and my Admiral was like 31. If im useto shooting these bows will a Maxxis be that much different?

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
If you liked the dxt I'm sure you'll love the 31. I had a switchback and now I have the 31 and they are similar. I traded my reezen for the 31 and I am sooooo glad I did.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I shot many bows late last fall before I bought my Maxxis 31. This is the best bow I have ever shot! Quite, fast, and can drive tacks with it. It truly is a very good bow. Other may be close to it but they are not there yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I wish I would have gotten the Maxxis in the 35 rather than the 31. I have both the Maxxis and the Alpha Max and I like the draw cycle at 70 lbs on the Alpha Max better than the 60 lbs draw on the Maxxis, it seems easier. Not sure if that inch ata makes that much difference or not. Both are tack drivers, if you miss it ain't the bow :)

·
Registered
15,338 Posts
Let me ask this, smoothness is a big thing for me I know I know go out and shoot it but how does it as far as being smooth and viberation free as say an Admiral, or a General? Cause if you ask me those are prolly the most viberation free bows made. I just really like the Maxxis so far from what I have seen.
I had a general and now shot the Alphamax. With cat whiskers and an aftermarket SS it is as quite as my General, there is a slight vibration in the riser but it is so minimal its not a consideration.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The Maxxis 31 is aaaawwwwesome

·
Banned
17 Posts
in talking with a friend of mine (the original poster of this thread knows of him i guess) he has shot all the hoyts that are most likely in question here. carbon matrix, maxxis-35, maxxis-31, alphamax-32, and alphamax-35, and what he said was all are a great choice but to really shoot the maxxis-31 before buying it 'cuz he said it like shooting a bow that is lots shorter then it really is. he really liked the maxxis-35 and carbon-matrix and said that they shoot lots the same and the carbon one seem lighter and could be a small bit quieter. he liked the alphamax-32 however and the alphamax-35 also. my friend say to get a hold of him and he would talk about them more.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts