Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking about getting out of hunting due to a certain family member and need some info on what my bow is worth. My bow is a 2005 bowtech tomkat, i had a new string and cable installed before hunting season and it has a QAD drop away rest as well as a viper 5 pin sight that cost over $100 new plus has a hard case with it. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Yeah really, what's the issue with the family member?

·
Trophy Meat Hunter
11,248 Posts
Just remember it's going to cost you more than you get for your bow to get back in bowhunting in a couple years from now.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Unless you need money, I'll throw it in the back of a closet and forget about it.

·
Ice Cold
11,925 Posts
The problem with selling is you get someone that will list their bow all loaded up for way less then it's worth bare. Then people lowball the crap out of you cause "I just saw one listed for $200 less"

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He's one of these people that likes to make people do what he says do. He has a rifle that he likes using for deer so this year i bought one in the same caliber as his only mine was a different brand, well then he starts telling me how his gun is better than mine then went on to tell me that mine would never shoot as good as his so i ended up selling it because i got tired of hearing as the bs. So the other day i came across a savage bolt action in .270 caliber and now he's telling me how he don't like savage and when i tell him i plan on buying it he's like no you don't want that. So I'm at the point now where i just don't care anymore, so if i can't enjoy deer hunting then why bother with it anymore?

·
Registered
7,200 Posts
thinking about getting out of hunting and need some info on what my bow is ...

What? Who cares what he thinks? Put your big boy pants on, stand up for yourself and take your gonads back.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Guy sounds like a toolbag.

Ignore what he says and hunt as you please.

·
13,833 Posts
What? Who cares what he thinks? Put your big boy pants on, stand up for yourself and take your gonads back.
My thoughts exactly...who gives a rats..what he thinks or anybody else thinks..Just don't hunt with them or associate with them.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We both hunt the same property so it's kinda hard to avoid hunting with him. But I'm just tired of dealing with all the bs and drama because it's getting to where i can't enjoy myself anymore.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Brother or father? If he's your brother luck his ass the next time he mouths off. If he is your dad, just ignore him and do what you want.

·
Team Overkill
6,628 Posts

1 - 20 of 86 Posts