Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting really interested in these bows. I found out today I have a dealer about an hour away. My question is about the strings/cables. How are the stock strings? What about aftermarket string/cables? Any string material seem to work better with these bows?

·
Registered
143 Posts
The stock strings on my fusion served me well during hunting season. I have since switched them out for a 60x string set made with fury material. I have had great luck with it so far on all my bows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Airborne Archery
9,089 Posts
I am getting really interested in these bows. I found out today I have a dealer about an hour away. My question is about the strings/cables. How are the stock strings? What about aftermarket string/cables? Any string material seem to work better with these bows?
Make sure you take your wallet because you will love the Obsession bows. The factory strings are not bad at all. If you just want to upgrade to custom strings I would look at Fury material. They stretch very little and your bow will stay in tune. Good luck, let us know which one you pick after shooting them soon.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Do yourself a favor and try them. Glad I did.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Been looking and talking for a month now and I'm gonna pull the trigger on one today...........Maybe. LOL

·
HHA products SUCK
14,155 Posts
Should have my M7 tomorrow from Scottie/pa. I have a set of threads from Breathn (John's customs) but I'll be testing the stock strings and cables for a while to see how they hold up.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Been looking and talking for a month now and I'm gonna pull the trigger on one today...........Maybe. LOL
If you shoot one you will end up buying it, trust me. I said no way i'll buy one yet need to wait for the bowtech. Took 2 shots and said ok sold

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, as you probably know, we are getting ready to get slammed with a bunch of snow. Once everything gets back to normal, I'm going to see what all the hype is about. Still trying to research all I can on them now

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here's my Obsession story. I took a day off from work and went to the local bow shop to look at a carbon bow. Shot one, didn't care for it. Shot an Obsession Evolution, a righty I shot left handed, said "oh, sh1t," handed it to the owner of the shop and ordered one. 2 years later, just replaced the string. Trouble free, forgiving as hell, and 30 fps faster than my previous bow, with an easier draw. The camo pattern is unique, and cool, too.

I haven't shot the new ones. I don't need a new bow. This one is magnificent. If the new ones are better, you'll love it.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Here's my obsession experience. Was shopping for a new bow for my wife and she decided to try an obsession evolution. Once the bow was set up to try, she had me shoot it first. I shot one arrow thru it and handed it do her. She said, why did you stop after one, did you not like it? I handed it to her and said, "we can't afford to shop for two bows today, so I can't shoot it any more" and I wasn't anywhere close to bow shopping in my mind. She put a good number of arrows thru it and started picking out color combos for the new bow order. Now, two weeks later, I myself can't stop scanning the classifieds on here trying to justify to myself I need a new one as well. Ha!

·
In Urban We Trust
2,438 Posts
I bought my 2013 Knightmare without ever handling an Obsession. I still have it after 3 years, and I am not one to hang onto a bow for very long. I've recently added a 2015 Evolution to the stable. Smoothest, quietest bows I have ever seen.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have had a LF2, Evolution,and now Phoenix. Love them all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts