Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its that time of year again and I am thinking about getting a Z7 Magnum
Dont know a lot about this bow but did shoot it yesterday at a shop and the draw does have a little hump at the end I notice but had no hand shock at all

can you guys give me some reviews...good...bad....ugly!!!
I want to make sure I am making the right choice!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was shooting a Legacy but upgraded to the Z7 Magnum this year and I love it. I was very surprised with how smooth the bow shoots, I can't feel any vibration, doesn't feel as heavy as I was thinking it would. In my opinion your making a great choice and could not go wrong with this bow...HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

·
Registered
827 Posts
I love the way it shoots, the draw, the hold at full draw, the absence of shock and noise. But I am on my 3rd magnum. I have gone through 5 limb turrets on the first 2 bows. If this 3rd one messes up I am changing to a different model or something cause I'm tired of this issue

The other 2 turrets Mathews kept when we sent the bows back each time to swap out

·
USAF Retired
1,221 Posts
I love mine. I shot all the Z7's and the Mag just talked to me. Smooth and Quiet! I did have bit of an issue getting it to tune...constant left tear no matter what I did. Ended up finding a bit of idler lean...once I got that sorted out it was smooth sailing. I'll be shooitng this for a long time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I love the way it shoots, the draw, the hold at full draw, the absence of shock and noise. But I am on my 3rd magnum. I have gone through 5 limb turrets on the first 2 bows. If this 3rd one messes up I am changing to a different model or something cause I'm tired of this issue

The other 2 turrets Mathews kept when we sent the bows back each time to swap out
What is mathews saying about this problem, do they know what is causing it? Do you just target shoot with the bow or is this from getting it ready to hunt?

·
Registered
11,662 Posts

I give you a lot of credit, that bow would have already been looooong gone if it were mine

·
the bow is not the boss!
2,608 Posts
No problems with my Z mag shoot IBO 352gr arrows out of it all summer at 70 lbs Lots of arrows every day with no issues! love it!

·
Registered
827 Posts
What is mathews saying about this problem, do they know what is causing it? Do you just target shoot with the bow or is this from getting it ready to hunt?
Mathews said they have never seen that and don't have a clue as to what is causing it. I find that hard to believe when it has happened to me on 2 bows in a row. And it looks like the 3rd bow is starting to do it to. I only hunt and this close to the season I'm just trying to make it through before I change. It's too late to me to be swapping bows.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I haven't had any problems with mine yet and I hope that I don't. I paid way too much money for it to fall apart like that right before bow season. I hope this is something that mathews pays attention to and try to make sure they fix this problem.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
So the magnums are having some breakage issues? Is this common for this model?

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Had mine for a few months now and have had 0 problems with it. Wasn't looking for a new bow until I shot the Mag. Had to have it.

·
Colorado
357 Posts
Magnum

4th Mathews boy I've owned. Smooth draw, fast, and accurate. Tagged 3 antelope last week with it.

Owned a Q-2, Legacy, and the Reezen 7.0 too. This Magnum is my personal favorite.:thumbs_up

I've shot 2-3 times a week since I bought it the March. Zero trouble.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
So would this be the Speed bow in the Mathews lineup? Comparable to the PSE omen?

·
USAF Retired
1,221 Posts
No issues with mine either...It doesn't have the speed of a Monster but 301fps with my short arms is plenty good.

·
Banned
3,502 Posts
Sorry guys to top heavy for me.. Just my 2..

·
Registered
214 Posts
So would this be the Speed bow in the Mathews lineup? Comparable to the PSE omen?
Thats kind of a dumb question.... It should be compared to another single cam bow.... Comapre the omen to a monster

1 - 20 of 23 Posts