Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am tired of trying to tune this Halon 6....
I am really liking the looks and tuning process for the Realm... now Realm X or Realm ....decisions...decisions.... LOL
Cant wait to shoot them.....

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Haven't shot the realm and realm x but want to but I did sell my halon 6 to fund my reign 6

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Pretty easy to tune a Halon. Easiest bow I have ever worked on. 5 minutes to swap tophats. But, good luck with the bow tech I hear they are awesome!

·
Registered
691 Posts
I’m no tuning pro but we took my realm out off the box and had it shooting fletched bullet holes with a few yoke twists. Very easy

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
I agree Halon should tune up fine most would need tophats but for me I couldn’t get used to the grip on my h32 and also felt too heavy. I shot it well but when I went and shot the realm x and loved everything about them. Sold the halon and have two realm x on the way. My first bowtechs.

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Got a realm x on the way. Should be at house end of week. Go shoot one, you'll be blown away!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea it tunes. But after paying 1000.00 bare bow I should not have to buy Top hats to fine tune. Dont get me wrong, Halons a fine bow I just want something thats easier to tune.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I am a 30 year PSE guy. Tried a Realm X and watched some videos on tuning Bowtech bows. Bought one by the end of that weekend.

I can not wait to buy another bowtech, possibly a BT Mag.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I tried the Realm X and the reign 6. I personally liked the Reign better so I bought it. I own a prodigy so wanted more speed. Draw cycle was better on the realm but wasn’t thrilled about the vibes after the shot, reminded me of the centergy I had. Ive read that after they’re tuned though there’s no vibes. Reign is a bit harder to get over the hump but once it’s in there it’s nice. Dead in the hand and amazed with the hold over, super quite as well. If I ever find where my wife hides all our money I’ll probably get a realm! Ever since owning my first Bowtech it’s been a load of fun tuning and tinkering with them. Anyways hope you enjoy the new bow once you decide.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Get the Reign 6. I bought a H32 6 last year, I had a hard time tuning my Halon also; it took a good six or seven set ups to get it shooting good. To this day is still plays Jekyll and Hyde one day it’s lights out the next day it’s not grouping for chit. I love my Insanity and the Regin is basically the Insanity 2.0. Tuned right out of the box and haven’t had to mess with it since getting it set up in November. Haven’t shot the Realm’s but the Regin is a killer; but I’m sure the Realm is just like every other bowtech. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I tried the Realm X and the reign 6. I personally liked the Reign better so I bought it. I own a prodigy so wanted more speed. Draw cycle was better on the realm but wasn’t thrilled about the vibes after the shot, reminded me of the centergy I had. Ive read that after they’re tuned though there’s no vibes. Reign is a bit harder to get over the hump but once it’s in there it’s nice. Dead in the hand and amazed with the hold over, super quite as well. If I ever find where my wife hides all our money I’ll probably get a realm! Ever since owning my first Bowtech it’s been a load of fun tuning and tinkering with them. Anyways hope you enjoy the new bow once you decide.
Ya the vibrations you felt was likely the string stop being set to close to the string is all. It’s dead when set properly.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Liked Bowtech had a Guardian that was a good bow, but I also had a Destroyer 350 it blew up twice broken limbs. Then I went to a free Destroyer 340 and what do you know, broken limb while drawing back a month later while in a stand hunting. I know they changed but don’t think I could go back after 3 broken limbs.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Ok I am tired of trying to tune this Halon 6....
I am really liking the looks and tuning process for the Realm... now Realm X or Realm ....decisions...decisions.... LOL
Cant wait to shoot them.....
I switched from Halon 6 to Realm. Love everything about the Realm.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
704 Posts
Had a Halon 32 6 and sold it and moved to the Realm X. Couldn’t be happier. I was a long time Mathews guy but it was time to move on. The Realm is so smooth and so quiet with my 500 grain arrows. I am shooting better than ever.

·
Making it REIGN
3,794 Posts
Reign 6 is awesome. Haven't messed with the realm. I just don't like the idea of plastic limb pockets. I will keep the reign another year Maybe years.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay ...Finally made it to the shop to shoot the Realm X ...That bow just fits. Holds and shoots great. The back wall is just that. Awesome shooting bow. There is a FDE in my very near future!!!!!!

Did feel like a tuning fork but bare bow and the string was buried in to the string stop so I am sure once its tuned and the string stop is set right it will stop buzzing after the shot. It was also very quiet.... Man I am stoked......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts