Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Darton folks.
I have been with Darton since 1994. I decided to request to join the Darton archery shooters group on Facebook which you have be invited to. Well they accepted my request. I had asked a question to the group about why Darton has out of stock on some of their stuff for so long. I had some folks reply asking the same thing. Then I had a couple of trolls as they call them get mean an nasty. Some of the people replied that the trolls were employees or relatives of employees doing that.
If Darton allows this kind of behavior on their page I think I need to start looking around.
So I wanted ask all of you here what you think. Am I out of line ?
I hate leave Darton but I feel like they don’t give a damn.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
The reality of social media. No matter what the venue. People are simply far more likely to be disrespectful in this type of communication method. I doubt a bow company has the resources to have the moderators to "police" the site and post. Your posts are worldwide.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
call darton direct and find out for yourself why they are out of stock. post up a pic with you holding a new athens,bear, or whatever you buy instead of their bow explaining why you didnt buy from them after decades of brand loyalty. too many good brands out there to not be happy .

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Guess you went Pearson. IMO we are in a Golden Era of the compound bow. There are so many not just good but truly great bow choices out there.

I don't think Darton is poorly run from a technical standpoint, and their product line has been the industry's best at times, but their marketing and sales efforts are a continual disappointment. I've always wondered why Darton has never had a robust dealer network. Even 20-25 years ago they had the best kids bows, short draw bows, long draw bows, also entry level through premium offerings. Most mfgs offer 28"-30" draw and maybe 3 models, and perhaps overpriced custom shop versions. Never owned a Mathews because of that, and I really have wanted to be a Mathews shooter at times. I've dealt with the factory a few times since 1999. They were never surly, but I can't say I ever felt the love either.

·
Registered
8,462 Posts
Lmao...you want to stop shooting a brand because of some online douche bags that who knows who they are. Makes no sense to me to let that influence your decision.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts