Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a creed tactical and have been shooting it I think I'm falling out of love with it!? Side by side I still prefer shooting my monster xlr8, I love that bow. I was wanting something lighter for stalking and carrying in the woods. The creed feels like a feather compared to monster. So I thought I'd see what y'all thought, if I could combine the weight of the creed and my love of the xlr8 I'd have the perfect bow. Any ideas? I was thinking DNA maybe similar to my xlr8 and lighter than the creed. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ttt

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anybody with opinions on DNA?

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Anybody with opinions on DNA?
My opinion of the DNA.

Very light and fast with a smooth draw for the speed - stiff but smooth throughout.

No valley - the bow rolls over into let-off but hits the wall before any valley. So, you have to pull against the backwall to shoot this bow. If you relax at all it wants to go. I personally do not think the lack of valley is conducive for hunting at all. Many AT members talk about moving the stops back one slot to gain a better valley. The off-the-shelf DNA does not have any valley.

Great 3-D bow, not so great hunting bow.

Bows that I would prefer for hunting over the DNA or Creed: Spyder, Experience, Chill, Knightmare/Sniper....I have not shot the 2013 PRIME line up.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So 3 for chill 0 for anything else

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hoyt vector turbo is the way to go very smooth bow and great vally

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I liked the chill better than the creed but I liked the DNA better than both. I think you could get used to the short valley on the DNA, it's all muscle memory. Now you would have to make sure your dl is correct with the DNA because that would help with keeping the bow in the valley in a hunting situation.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since I'm used to drawing an xlr8 I figure I should have no problem with the draw and 70% let off, with as many that say the xlr8 has a terrible draw cycle I have no problem with it at 28.5 78lbs.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Chill, elite hunter, Heli. I've shot them all and they shoot very good. The Heli, IMO, would be perfect for stalking.

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
I've never owned a mathews but based on my own test shooting of the Cree and helium at my local shop I'd say the Helium is a no brainer for the applications you described. I'm partial to Elite bows tho because of their outstanding valley and draw, which leads me to suggest you give the 13Hunter a shot....probably catch some flack for that since I'm outnumbered by mathews and hoyt fellas. Last years Strother Wrath and this years Wrath SHO are compact,great shooters too, well worth taking a gander at!

·
Registered
562 Posts
That 13 Hunter is one bad bow, probably the best I shot this year. Not to mention, hands down best warranty in the industry.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
i had a helim and it was awesome, light for stalking and surprisingly stable. The chill was an awesome bow also. I didnt care for the creed at all.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys I might have a chill trade in the works!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts