Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was leaning towards raptor tricks untill someone mentioned they don't offer replacement blades. I am kind of thinking of a scwacker after that. I was planning to tryan arrow around 500 grains with a 28.5 draw around 65 lbs out of a 335 ibo bow. Shwacker offers a 1.5" 3 blade and 2 blades from 1.75-3". The main reason i am leaning towards the shwacker is that i lime the fact that the blades are new when they open after getting through the hide, and possibly ribs. So the question remains, 3 blade or 2? If a 2 blade how big? Im not sure what is the biggest i can go and still get relaible penetration.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I used the 1.75 2 blade few years back with a setup that had less juice than yours and went through the deer like butter. I only used on 1 deer so obviously small test sample. Entrance was eh(by design ) , exit was nice and deer ran approx 80 yards. In my opinion, you would have no issue with the 2 or 3 blade , 2 inch 2 blade I'd go with . -Dan

·
Registered
564 Posts
I don’t know anything the 3 blade but with your set up I would shooot the 2” 2 blade. My hunting partner and I have mule deer, elk, prong horn, bears and javelina with Swhacker. I use the 1 3/4” because my bow is slower. He uses the 2”. Neither of us have the KE you have and we’ve had great success with them. We have never had a 1” entrance hole either. It’s usually 1 1/4”- 1 1/2” hole on broadside shots. Quartering away shot can create a bigger hole but it depends on the angle that the head enters the animal.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Love Swhacker I shoot the 2" green ones 27" draw 65 lbs 400 grn arrow great results with them

·
Registered
38 Posts
The green 2" swhackers have always done great for me. Our specs are similar and passthroughs have not been an issue besides when I hit a spine on one and the off shoulder on another. Some of the blood trials have been great and others have been okay, but most deer haven't made it out of my sight so it didn't matter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts